1. #1 ABC Sportscaster Bashes Palin On HuffPo. 
    ABC Sportscaster: Tina Fey Should Bash Sarah Palin Every Week

By Noel Sheppard (Bio | Archive)
    September 23, 2008 - 13:01 ET

For years, NewsBusters has not only pointed out liberal bias in traditional media outlets, but also when it occurs in sports coverage.

In a fine example of why this is so important, ABC sportscaster Suzy Shuster on Tuesday published a letter at the Huffington Post begging actress Tina Fey to make weekly appearances as Gov. Sarah Palin on NBC's "Saturday Night Live" in order to get Barack Obama elected president.

I kid you not.

Here are some of the lowlights of this disgraceful piece (emphasis added, photo courtesy Boston Herald):

Dear Ms. Fey,

We, the people, need you.

We need you to be Sarah Palin each and every Saturday night, live from New York.

How else to explain the sudden about face of Governor Palin's popularity in the polls just days after your brilliant spot-on impersonation on one of the highest rated Saturday Night Live's in the show's history? [...]

From the Friday before the skit on SNL aired to the following Tuesday, Palin's approval rating dropped ten points. Coincidence? I think not. After all, people in this country are tending to be more influenced by who or what they see on entertainment television, more so than on broadcast news or in print. Americans tune into Jon Stewart for their political appetites more than ever ( and why not). So when you, Ms. Fey, don your Palin wig, you influence millions of voters more than Charles ("Charlie") Gibson or Brian Williams, Paul Begala or that anorexic blond McCain spokeswoman ever could.

And I think its your responsibility to do so, or else we face the consequence of a woman in the White House who would strive to take away your daughter Frances's right to choose along with every other woman's in this country. [...]

Save us, Tina Fey. You may be our only hope.
    To a certain extent, we should thank Shuster for making clear what many of us have been saying for some time: liberal press members are fully aware of the power they wield, and want their left-leaning message to permeate ALL media and not just the news.

—Noel Sheppard is the Associate Editor of NewsBusters.
    I didn't think I could possibly be more contemptuous of what passes for journalistic ethics now but this Palin Derangement Syndrome has managed to lower my view of the media even more. Now we have "activist" sportscasters writing on political blogs. :mad:

Newsbusters

Not surprising. I've never seen the television media so openly biased before. There was another story, don't know for certain if it was confirmed, about Al Franken, a dem candidate, writing or giving input on a negative skit about Palin on SNL. That really pushes the boundaries. SNL should now have to allow a repub candidate to pen something to provide equal time.

I'd tell ABC that I was dropping their broadcasts because of this mindless bias but I did that years ago.

I'm not sure I'm bothered by it because she didn't say it on the air. She just wrote about it on HuffPo right?

I didn't watch the Emmys but this certainly bothered me (from Tina Fey):
    When you won your three Emmy awards the other night (congrats on that, by the way) you wondered aloud:

"I want to be done playing this lady Nov. 5. So if anybody can help me be done playing this lady Nov. 5, that would be good for me."
    If you want tell someone something, tell it to NBC.
    Be Not Afraid.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    ABC sportscaster Suzy Shuster
    I'm pretty knowledgeable when it comes to sportscasters, but I've never heard of her.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    I'm not sure I'm bothered by it because she didn't say it on the air. She just wrote about it on HuffPo right?

I didn't watch the Emmys but this certainly bothered me (from Tina Fey):If you want tell someone something, tell it to NBC.
    Do we really want so-called "professional journalists" blogging on HuffPo or Free Republic? I don't think so. If they really need to say something, they can use an anonymous username. Playing on your fake celebrity to voice your political opinions makes you a fake journalist, in my book. That she is some throw-away sportscaster doesn't absolve her.