Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Mom Glued Toddler's Hands to Wall and Beat Her Over Potty Training 
    A Dallas mother who admitted super-gluing her toddler's hands to a wall also beat the girl so severely she ended up in a coma ...

HOUSTON -- A Dallas mother who admitted super-gluing her toddler’s hands to a wall also beat the girl so severely she ended up in a coma, according to experts who testified at a sentencing hearing.

Elizabeth Escalona, 23, pleaded guilty to injury to a child on July 12, according to a spokeswoman for the Dallas County District Attorney's Office. She faces a potential life sentence, although prosecutors are seeking a 45-year sentence.

Escalona apparently became so frustrated with 2-year-old daughter Jocelyn Cedillo's “potty training issue” on Sept. 7, 2011, that she glued the toddler to the wall of their apartment and beat her, according to testimony at Monday's hearing. >>>

Evidence photos displayed in court Monday showed Jocelyn with numerous bruises, cuts and bite marks shortly after she was brought to Children’s Medical Center Dallas, where she remained in a coma for two days.

“She had bruises everywhere. She even kicked her in the vagina,” Dallas County district attorney spokeswoman Debbie Denmon told the Los Angeles Times.

Dr. Amy Barton, who worked at the hospital at the time, testified about Jocelyn's injuries Monday, choking up when asked what was remarkable about the injuries, Denmon said.

“The entire picture was very shocking,” Barton said, according to the Dallas Morning News. “I see a lot of children and this was one of the most shocking things that I’ve seen.”

The toddler recovered from her injuries, although Denmon said, “It’s too early to tell if she’s going to have any brain injuries to where she’s going to be developmentally delayed. Right now she’s talking and she’s happy.”

Jocelyn and her three siblings were placed in foster care, then with Escalona's mother. A fifth child, a boy born while Escalona was in jail, was also placed with her mother, Denmon said. >>>

The day Jocelyn was injured, Escalona wrote on a Facebook page, “Why does God put obstacles in my life?” and changed her profile photo to one of her and Jocelyn, according to the Dallas Morning News. Her Myspace page, where she appeared to use the nickname "Thug Girl," still lists her as a "Proud parent" and features photos of her clutching babies.

Opponents have started a Facebook page of their own, "Lock Up Elizabeth Escalona," with more than 4,400 likes, as well as an online petition signed by more than 390 people calling on Judge Larry Mitchell to sentence Escalona to life in prison.

LATimes
    ABCNews video

Wow. Another 0bama voter (monster) probably has no clue what is wrong with her behavior. Actions have no consequences... right?
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

I don't know what the percentage is, but most cases of abuse of preschool children that result in a severe injury or death are caused by parents who can't cope with children that age accidentally wetting or soiling themselves.

It's normal for a 2 year old to have accidents during the potty training process. This mother is a particularly stupid and sadistic bitch to do this to her child. I doubt she'll get life, mainly because the child survived, but we can hope. It's too bad we can't force her to get her tubes tied.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I don't know what the percentage is, but most cases of abuse of preschool children that result in a severe injury or death are caused by parents who can't cope with children that age accidentally wetting or soiling themselves.

It's normal for a 2 year old to have accidents during the potty training process. This mother is a particularly stupid and sadistic bitch to do this to her child. I doubt she'll get life, mainly because the child survived, but we can hope. It's too bad we can't force her to get her tubes tied.
    Werd. I know. Women's rights. What about children's rights? Ugh.

She looks like a winner...
    “A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others.”Ayn Rand

Power Point Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by Generation Why? View Post
    She looks like a winner...
    I think they should secretly add permanent contraceptive into ink used for neck tattoos.

The neck tattoo really says a lot.

May seem harsh but a severe asswhoopin is in order .
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Is she a legal citizen? I hope they lock her up for life and beat her daily. Abusing children is one thing I can not stand. Any parent who abusing their kids should be beat into unconsciousness, woken up, then beat again.

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    Werd. I know. Women's rights. What about children's rights? Ugh.
    That's not women's rights. That's overall parental rights, and in many places they override common sense and decency. Many abusive or drug addled parents get rights they shouldn't have.

If this were NJ, DYFS would stop at nothing in order to get her reunited with her child. I wish I were making this up. It's crap like this that makes me question God's plan. My wife and I are dying for a child but scumbags like this breed like cockroaches and treat their children like this. It doesn't make sense.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.