Thread: Obama pisses off Big Bird

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Obama pisses off Big Bird 
    Obama issues a campaign ad featuring Big Bird

The Obama campaign on Tuesday unveiled a television ad mocking GOP candidate Mitt Romney for his calls to cut federal funding for PBS, saying it would do little to address the deficit.

The sardonic ad compares "Sesame Street" character Big Bird, whom Romney mentioned during last Wednesday's presidential debate, to corporate titans prosecuted for financial misdeeds.

"Bernie Madoff. Ken Lay. Dennis Kozlowski: Criminals. Gluttons of greed. And the evil genius who towered over them?" a voiceover says as a silhouette of Big Bird moves on screen.

"Big. Yellow. A menace to our economy. Mitt Romney knows it’s not Wall Street you have to worry about, it’s Sesame Street," the ad says.

The video then plays a clip of Romney vowing "to stop the subsidy to PBS."
    Story is here

Sesame Street says take it down.

Sesame Workshop is a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization and we do not endorse candidates or participate in political campaigns. We have approved no campaign ads, and as is our general practice, have requested that the ad be taken down.
    Quote is from here

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Why does Axelrod continue to:

READY!

FIRE!

AIM!

Or is it simply that he's so arrogant that he doesn't bother to check with the owners of the images that he's stealing before he steals them?

In any event, nice job, Dave. You're doing famously. Your stooge will take the brunt of your own stupidity in the coming election.
    U.S. Army, Retired

I find that rather comical.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

The ad is showing around here. I thought it was funny, but then again, I'm a democrat.

Romney is right. Sesame Street makes hundreds of millions of dollars just on merchandising alone. They'll survive without gubmint money.
    "Inequality is a false notion propagated by those who are made to feel guilty for what they have by those who are jealous for what they don't"-Former MTV Host Kennedy

It seems as though Obama Campaign is in meltdown mode. Everything they do comes out wrong.
    I'm glad. They started slinging shit early and often, and the mindset that starts that kind of action will sometimes lead right over the cliff. Look how far Nixon's mindset led him.

Nasty control freaks. That's my favorite description of the current Democratic Party.

They should privatize that business. Its a big, big money maker. No reason we need to fund it. Mark Levin says he'd put a group of investors together to buy it.
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

Quote Originally Posted by Janice View Post
    They should privatize that business. Its a big, big money maker. No reason we need to fund it. Mark Levin says he'd put a group of investors together to buy it.
    It's mostly run by private donations (as an NPO), as I understand.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    The ad is showing around here. I thought it was funny, but then again, I'm a democrat.
    Hahaha! Why?

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Sesame Street should not be used to support ANY candidate. When Big Bird appeared on SNL, he remained apolitical, simply telling a childlike joke. ("Who likes debates? Defishes. :) )

Oblahblah is WAY WAY off base here. If you want to preserve Sesame Street funding, DON'T make the show partisan.

Dumb ass.