Thread: The VP Debate

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TVDOC View Post
    Unfortunately you are incorrect......I've met the man (one-on-one, casually), and HE IS STUPID, in the worst way possible, he is actually incapabable of logical thought. That said, he also is an astute politition with a professional staff to help him with his lack of intellect, and therefore can't be totally dismissed. He's also a closet drunk.....a well-guarded secret.

Having that imbecile a heartbeat away from the presidency has been my worst fears regarding the Obama years......he's Spiro Agnew on steroids.....

doc
    The cynic in me thinks he was picked as an insurance policy. Nothing would happen to Obama while Biden was next in line.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by TVDOC View Post

Having that imbecile a heartbeat away from the presidency has been my worst fears regarding the Obama years......he's Spiro Agnew on steroids.....

doc
    The question is who is of more danger to the country, an easily manipulated imbecile or an avowed Marxist.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    The question is who is of more danger to the country, an easily manipulated imbecile or an avowed Marxist.
    At least a Marxist is predictable.......

doc

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Never underestimate Biden. He may have a foot and mouth disorder sometimes, but he's not stupid.
    I disagree. I believe he is profoundly stupid. He should be Chancey Gardner.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Biden has a "funny uncle" quality about him. Ryan was asked about the debate and his opponent in an interview the other day, he doesn't believe it's a slam dunk due to Biden's "experience" in politics. I'm sure Biden has been schooled to not go off course.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    The cynic in me thinks he was picked as an insurance policy.
    I agree.
    Recalling the Dem primary debates in '08, this old adage also applies to both Clinton and Biden...Keep your friends close, but keep your enemies closer....especially Clinton.

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

I have a bad feeling about tonight, I hope Ryan comes with his A game.

I just picture biden coming out and spewing crap about lying and looking all folksy.
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly

Ryan certainly isn't taking this for granted.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...10-10-18-02-37

It raises a very good point. Biden has been debating for as long as Ryan has been alive. Ryan has had one professional debate in his political career. In terms of experience, Ryan is way outclassed.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    :rotfl
    And do what!!!:
    Probably charge them rent like he does his Secret Service detail.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    I guess I'm out of the loop, what mindless lib moonbat is helping biden practice his debating skills? Big bird?
    And what poor conservative has to shame himself and be biden for Ryan!!?

Biden has been practicing with former Delaware Senator Ted Kaufman, who has been describing Biden as "He was a happy warrior."

Ryan has been practicing with former U.S. solicitor general under President George W. Bush, Ted Olson. Who argued Bush ~Vs~ Gore in the elections, and also argued and won in tossing out Prop 8 in Cal. The guy knows how to argue and win.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    It raises a very good point. Biden has been debating for as long as Ryan has been alive. Ryan has had one professional debate in his political career. In terms of experience, Ryan is way outclassed.
    Experience wise Biden has Ryan. Ryan has only had one real debate to-date. While Biden has 40 years under his belt. Plus Biden has often been described as "Enjoying Debates". Ryan has knowledge of the eccon. and taxes on his side.

What both sides need to watch for is;

JOE BIDEN
    1. Stop the bleeding. Undo the blood bath caused by Obama.

2. Attack! He goes on the defensive, he's toast.

3. Win the budget/tax battle with Ryan.

4. Look experienced the stage on international issues. But avoid recent missteps in the news.

5. Don't look like a bully.

6. No major gaffes.

PAUL RYAN;
    1. Build on last weeks major win.

2. Avoid the gloss, remember, K.I.S.S. when discussing the issues. Ryan some times likes to sound too complicated when discussing stuff.

3. Details. Generalizations won't cut it here. Such as "the issue is too complicated to discuss" will never fly here. He has some times done this when asked about topics.

4. Don't hide from Medicare and Social Security. Biden will bring both up.

5. Sound competent on foreign policy.

6. Look like a leader him self.
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009