Thread: The VP Debate

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Ryan certainly isn't taking this for granted.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...10-10-18-02-37

It raises a very good point. Biden has been debating for as long as Ryan has been alive. Ryan has had one professional debate in his political career. In terms of experience, Ryan is way outclassed.
    "Ryan's team wants to keep him talking about positive changes a Romney-Ryan administration would mean for the country, not a full-throated defense of the campaign's sometimes nebulous math."

I think both Romney and Ryan need to fire their teams. The only time I like either of them is when they say things the their handlers don't let them.

Quote Originally Posted by m00 View Post
    "Ryan's team wants to keep him talking about positive changes a Romney-Ryan administration would mean for the country, not a full-throated defense of the campaign's sometimes nebulous math."

I think both Romney and Ryan need to fire their teams. The only time I like either of them is when they say things the their handlers don't let them.
    Actually, this isn't a bad strategy for tonight. Biden is going to be on the offensive and what Ryan needs to do is keep his head and keep focused. If Biden says something stupid, Ryan needs to counter it by pushing the point that Obama's policies are not only not working but are detrimental to the future of this country. When Biden brings up Medicare, Ryan needs to point out that in it's current form, Medicare is insolvent and if we continue down the Obama/Biden path, Medicare is certain to end. Stuff like that.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Only 2 hours and 15 minutes left of speculation before the debate.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Biden has one advantage going into the debate, which is that if he doesn't actually begin barking like a dog and do the Curly Shuffle on stage, he will exceed expectations, while Ryan is already considered a wonk. If Ryan whips him too badly, it will generate sympathy for Biden. Biden has to come across as likable, but avoid obvious gaffes. Ryan has to avoid looking like he's baiting the goofy old guy while he dissects his arguments.

If Biden goes on the attack, he loses the affability edge, and Ryan gets the opportunity to go for the jugular, so that would be a very bad strategy for him. Of course, the Democrats don't seem to realize that they have done nothing but bad strategy since this campaign started, so they may go for it.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Never underestimate Biden. He may have a foot and mouth disorder sometimes, but he's not stupid.
    That's fine if you have something to run on. No accomplishments and a failed presidency advocating policies that will only make things worse is not a good record to run on or have to defend.

Look for Biden to run the "we're on the right track" meme. We're not but a person can run with that since it's nothing more than HopeyChangey.
    Be Not Afraid.

Cleaning up kitchen ... playing with kitty cat, watching prelims on MSNBC with "Tingles" himself.

Doing whatever I can to make the time pass. Not that VP debates usually interest me, nor do I think that they have much influence on whom folks are going to vote ... but this one promises to be *interesting* at least.

Will Biden stick to his scripted and practiced answers? Or will he say to himself, this is no "BFD" I can do this with my eyes closed, and just *wing* it and give us a gaffe to end all gaffes in front of millions of viewers?

And if he does, will voters really care? What of the Lib Dems, will they have a second meltdown if he loses tonight?

Stay tuned to this thread for the answers. And now a word from our sponsors ...
    Ok guys, now only one hour to go!
    American By Choice ~ 1980

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Via Gretawire

Report: Axelrod Took Over Biden’s Debate Prep Because He Was “All Over The Place”…

–Fox has learned that VP Biden was “all over the place” in his first debate prep, acc to a senior Democratic source
    –this is why David Axelrod and other senior aides “took over” the prep, acc to my source. Word is VP a little rusty after 4 yrs of no debate
    –They did at least six prep sessions, and top Dems now say they are confident VP is ready to go

Get the popcorn!
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

Hopefully he'll have a shot of whiskey to take the edge off and appear like a stumbling fool. As usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Get the popcorn!
    Will do Apocalypse. Will make enough for everyone! Should help to make the time go.

How do like yours, buttered or not?

Oops! Rats! Phone ringing ... gotta go!
    American By Choice ~ 1980

Is there any way to tune into this debate online?
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.