Thread: The VP Debate

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    Wow, Biden's giggles hurt him more than I thought. CNN post debate poll has Ryan leading Biden 48-44.
    DUmmies are bellyaching about that too!

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10021521164

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    If conservatives are calling it a draw you know dems will be calling it a win. Frak, draws don't help us. Does this hurt us in the polls?
    Some Dems are calling it a win, but I think that Charles Krauthammer had the best take on it. He said that if you were reading the responses, it was a draw, if you were listening and not watching, then Biden won, but if you were watching, Biden lost. Both sides made their points, but Biden was clearly more intense. His sneers and grimaces cost him.

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    MSNBC is already calling it a clear victory for Biden. Chris is chirping about the great job done.

Far as the polls. I think it's a mute debate. Maybe a slight bump, but not much. If you hadn't decided yet, tonight might help some. It didn't hurt us and that is important.
    MSNBC has zero credibility with anyone who isn't mainlining their Kool Aid.

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
    If I argued with my wife using my finger and raising my voice the way Biden did, I'd get in a lot of trouble. I wonder how it looked to the average viewer. And the average woman, in particular.
    Again, Mrs. O thought that Biden won, but I think that a lot of women will be turned off by the conduct. Biden interrupted Ryan over 80 times. That doesn't play well.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

It occurs to me that if they were able to average Obama's enthusiasm with Biden's, they'd have two reasonably good performances. Biden was as over the top as Obama was subdued. This is clearly the bipolar administration.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Well the next one between Obama/Romney I believe is a townhall format. Voters ask the questions. But I believe the mod/networks will be picking them from those submitted.
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

"If a wise man has an argument with a fool, the fool only rages and laughs, and there is no quiet." Proverbs 29:9
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

So now we are faced with the question, will the Obama campaign transition from Big Bird to Goofy bring his poll numbers back up?
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzacaqTs7p0

Joe Biden the laughing hyena interrupted Paul Ryan 82 times in a 90-minute debate.
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

Dick Morris and Joe Trippi saying Bidens snarky pretentious attitude hurt him and came off as odd.

80 interruptions by Biden when Ryan was talking.

One glaring lie that I saw when Slo Jo claimed he voted against Iraq funding and war authorization.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Biden laughing openly isn't going to play well with independents. It didn't help when Bush 41 kept on looking at his watch in 1992 and it didn't help when Gore was sighing with boredom in 2000. Biden to me came off as arrogant and down right disrespectful. Believe me, independents see this and in the end , it won't bode well for the Obama ticket and it will show in the polls. Not the swing that Romney got last week but it will move the needle probably 1/10th of a point.
    CNN's Focus group of 50 Undecideds Didn't care for Biden's performance and said they were impressed by Ryan's breadth of knowledge and his composure. I missed whether any moved from undecided to decided.
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

I was hoping for a knock out of biden but alas we have to hope for Romney next week to deliver that :(

At best this is a draw. I am staying away from DU today, I don't want to have to read how Biden kicked Ryan's ass and get my blood pressure up 150 points.
    Last edited by Bailey; 10-12-2012 at 05:54 AM.
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly