Thread: The VP Debate

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Too much cheesy smiling from Biden, most likely following orders.

Radditz (sp?) too many interruptions allowed by her when Ryan was speaking.

In summation, I agree with you Ody.

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Biden exceeded expectations, so he will most likely be declared the winner, but ultimately this will play out as a draw. It won't move the needle.
    American By Choice ~ 1980

Biden laughing openly isn't going to play well with independents. It didn't help when Bush 41 kept on looking at his watch in 1992 and it didn't help when Gore was sighing with boredom in 2000. Biden to me came off as arrogant and down right disrespectful. Believe me, independents see this and in the end , it won't bode well for the Obama ticket and it will show in the polls. Not the swing that Romney got last week but it will move the needle probably 1/10th of a point.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Unfortunately, style often trumps substance. On paper, Biden had a good, solid performance. The real question is whether the laughing, sneering and mugging for the camera comes off as rude or not. If Biden comes off as rude, then he's lost.
    CNN and NBC are calling the debate a draw. Ryan has to be happy about that.

I would call it a draw as well. Biden's "performance" was strong as far as aggressiveness and talking points, but his smirk and disrespectful behavior negated any good points he scored. Ryan seemed like an inexperienced debater but I think he was strong for a novice. Ryan had good lines with applause. But overall performance for Ryan...meh.

Like Ryan said, they don't have a record to go on, so Plugs has to try to cut Ryan off. This ensures the American people never get to hear a completed thought or line of reasoning against his barrage of gibberish.

I'd comment more on this, but I'm afraid Joe Bite-me will cut me off ...
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

If conservatives are calling it a draw you know dems will be calling it a win. Frak, draws don't help us. Does this hurt us in the polls?
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    If conservatives are calling it a draw you know dems will be calling it a win. Frak, draws don't help us. Does this hurt us in the polls?
    CNN and NBC are hardly conservative, and they are calling it a draw.

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    MSNBC is already calling it a clear victory for Biden. Chris is chirping about the great job done.

Far as the polls. I think it's a mute debate. Maybe a slight bump, but not much. If you hadn't decided yet, tonight might help some. It didn't hurt us and that is important.
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

Wow, Biden's giggles hurt him more than I thought. CNN post debate poll has Ryan leading Biden 48-44.

If I argued with my wife using my finger and raising my voice the way Biden did, I'd get in a lot of trouble. I wonder how it looked to the average viewer. And the average woman, in particular.