Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    I think there should be limits to freedom of speech.
    How about instead of gutting the First Amendment to please whatever happens to be rolling around in somebody's head at the time, we go back to some self discipline and societal morals where there are black and white lines of acceptable behavior?

Criticism about how the left wants to control what people say in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.
    Criticism? Nah, just keep talking, Bridget. You do more damage to yourself when your fingers hit the keyboard and your brains spill out; no one here need criticize you.

Quote Originally Posted by wasp69 View Post
    How about instead of gutting the First Amendment to please whatever happens to be rolling around in somebody's head at the time, we go back to some self discipline and societal morals where there are black and white lines of acceptable behavior?
    Asking Libs to take responsibility for their actions?

ROTFLMAO...do you realize how many generations of Liberal irresponsibility and buck passing you'd have to peel back for that to ever happen?

Criticism? Nah, just keep talking, Bridget. You do more damage to yourself when your fingers hit the keyboard and your brains spill out; no one here need criticize you.
    QFT
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

I agree there's a difference between protecting the speech and the practice, but this is one of the reasons why I wouldn't join ACLU. I think there should be limits to freedom of speech. If it harms others, then it shouldn't be done.
    How totalitarian and Communistic of you.

ANd actually Bridget...you and Novatwit would only limit speech uttered by Conservatives or anyone who disagreed with your Liberal dogma...let's be honest here.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    You hardly establish your superiority with comments such as these. I know this is probably pointless and that you'll just keep on saying such things, but surely you can comprehend that the ACLU's mission to protect unpopular speech would necessarily involved defending the most unpopular speech. The ACLU has defended NAMBLA, NAZI's, and a variety of religious and political groups. That doesn't mean that the ACLU is defending "civil liberties in diddling a kid" it means that they defend free speech.
    Ummm...yeah...ok whatever.

The very people you listed that they've defended are the reason they draw such scorn and ire from normal Americans.

People can say whatever idiotic thing they want to...doesn't mean that someone has to jump in and defend them when they do.

But then again you have to understand the underpinnings and beliefs of the ACLU founders to understand why they defend everything that flies in the face of societal norms in this country.

Oh and I'm not making any attempt to show "superiority" princess...I'm just stating facts.

Not my fault if the truth intimidates you.

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    Asking Libs to take responsibility for their actions?

ROTFLMAO...do you realize how many generations of Liberal irresponsibility and buck passing you'd have to peel back for that to ever happen?
    Quote Originally Posted by John Adams
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
    It may take a while...

I think that we all agree that Polanski is a unique form of human sewage, and that we would all react the same way that Lanie would to someone who tried to do that to our children. The Hollywood support for Polanski and the lack of same for Kazan pretty much demonstrates where many, but not all, liberals stand on the issues. They will forgive a child molester, but not an opponent of communism. Our resident libs, Nova, Lanie and Noonwitch, are clearly not among those who fall into that category.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    I think that we all agree that Polanski is a unique form of human sewage, and that we would all react the same way that Lanie would to someone who tried to do that to our children. The Hollywood support for Polanski and the lack of same for Kazan pretty much demonstrates where many, but not all, liberals stand on the issues. They will forgive a child molester, but not an opponent of communism. Our resident libs, Nova, Lanie and Noonwitch, are clearly not among those who fall into that category.
    I agree. This site would be much diminished without them.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    This site would be much diminished without them.
    He wasn't saying that. He was just saying they weren't complete kooks.
    Be Not Afraid.

Fabulous Poster
    I agree there's a difference between protecting the speech and the practice, but this is one of the reasons why I wouldn't join ACLU. I think there should be limits to freedom of speech. If it harms others, then it shouldn't be done.

Criticism about how the left wants to control what people say in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.
    There is no "but". You either believe in free speech or you don't.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    How totalitarian and Communistic of you.

ANd actually Bridget...you and Novatwit would only limit speech uttered by Conservatives or anyone who disagreed with your Liberal dogma...let's be honest here.
    The fact that I amuse myself with thoughts of executing certain people , doesn't alter the fact that I defend their right to free speech.

For that reason, we cannot simply round up the folks at militant immigrant rallies. To do so, even though we would nab a lot of criminaliens, would be to use government force with the effect of intimidating the (supposed) citizens and legal resident aliens exercising their First Amendment rights.