I'd like to explain why I think evolution is real. First of all, I don't need creation scientists to prove that God made the world in 7 twenty-four hour days. I have faith that God created the world, and that's what the Bible requires.

Onto science, I think I should first start with a definition of evolution.

http://anthro.palomar.edu/evolve/evolve_3.htm

Biological evolution is genetic change in a population from one generation to another. The speed and direction of change is variable with different species lines and at different times. Continuous evolution over many generations can result in the development of new varieties and species. Likewise, failure to evolve in response to environmental changes can, and often does, lead to extinction.

snip

snip

Evidence better explained than I can explain it.

How Do We Know That Evolution Has Occurred?

The evidence for evolution has primarily come from four sources:

the fossil record of change in earlier species

the chemical and anatomical similarities of related life forms

the geographic distribution of related species

the recorded genetic changes in living organisms over many generations

Now, what convinces me the most is medical science. It simply wouldn't work without evolution.

This process of natural selection resulting in evolution can be easily demonstrated over a 24 hour period in a laboratory Petri dish of bacteria living in a nutrient medium. When a lethal dose of antibiotic is added, there will be a mass die-off. However, a few of the bacteria usually are immune and survive. The next generation is mostly immune because they have inherited immunity from the survivors. That is the case with the purple bacteria in the Petri dishes shown below--the bacteria population has evolved.

Now, some people might be able to accept this, but what about Darwin's theory of evolution? We don't come from monkeys, right? Well, the theory doesn't say that. It only says we're related through a common ancester. Sounds hard to believe, but it's hard to deny it when we share 99% of the DNA with apes.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/ar...-related-are-h

Using such reasoning, it has been estimated that the last common ancestor of humans and chimpanzees (with whom we share 99 percent of our genes) lived five million years ago. Going back a little farther, the Hominidae clade is 13 million years old. If we continue farther back in time, we find that placental mammals are between 60 and 80 million years old and that the oldest four-limbed animal, or tetrapod, lived between 300 and 350 million years ago and the earliest chordates (animals with a notochord) appeared about 990 million years ago. Humans belong to each of these successively broader groups.

I believe in God, but science is science. The evidence is there.