Thread: Evolution

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    The reason Darwin's theory is called a theory is because it's the theory of how evolution works (natural selection, survival of the fittest). That doesn't make evolution itself unreal. There were scientists such as Mendel finding similar stuff long before Darwin.
    And I just want to point out here that Lanie's not just wrong, she's catastrophically wrong.

Darwin's proposed method for inheritance was 'pangenesis' which has been completely discredited. Mendel (the Augustan Friar who investigated botanical phenotypes) had a completely different explanation for trait inheritance, which has become our current model.

Please Lanie, explain to me how Mendelian Inheritance is "similar stuff" to Darwinian Pangenesis? They are basically opposite theories, and nobody thinks Darwin's was correct.
    Last edited by m00; 10-10-2012 at 10:30 PM.

God being omnipotent created the Intelligent design of evolution.

God didn't change the world , why would he , he created it to begin with. Does God make mistakes ?
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    God being omnipotent created the Intelligent design of evolution.

God didn't change the world , why would he , he created it to begin with. Does God make mistakes ?
    Exactly. This is my opinion as well. Creationism and Evolution are not mutually exclusive of one another.

Hey Lanie! I was enjoying this. Where did you go?

Quote Originally Posted by m00 View Post
    And I just want to point out here that Lanie's not just wrong, she's catastrophically wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    Exactly. This is my opinion as well. Creationism and Evolution are not mutually exclusive of one another.

That's pretty much how I see it, too. There were no clocks or calenders when the world was created. A day could have been a million years or more. After all, it says somewhere else in the Bible that God's concept of time is not ours.

It's tough to say the earth is only 10,000 years old, like a lot of creationists do, and live in a region that is surrounded by evidence of the ice age of 2.5 million years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    I'd like to explain why I think evolution is real. First of all, I don't need creation scientists to prove that God made the world in 7 twenty-four hour days. I have faith that God created the world, and that's what the Bible requires.
    It's kinda silly to apply what we know as a "day" to creation. One Earth "day" and one "day" on a cosmic time scale are not very compatible. I think that this is where your assertions fall apart.

I believe in God, but science is science.
    What makes you think the two are mutually exclusive? It seems to me that as our knowledge grows (particularly about Earth science and the start of the universe) and our knowledge comes closer to the Almighty, the ones that have been given these gifts seek to push themselves farther away from Him.

Quote Originally Posted by wasp69 View Post
    It's kinda silly to apply what we know as a "day" to creation. One Earth "day" and one "day" on a cosmic time scale are not very compatible. I think that this is where your assertions fall apart.

What makes you think the two are mutually exclusive? It seems to me that as our knowledge grows (particularly about Earth science and the start of the universe) and our knowledge comes closer to the Almighty, the ones that have been given these gifts seek to push themselves farther away from Him.
    While some have employed the field of scientific discovery in their zeal to disprove the existence of God they have through their discoveries created more questions and therefore the presence of a omnipresent hand in developing of the world. They have also succeeded in establishing the proof and truth of the Gospels of the Bible.
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    While some have employed the field of scientific discovery in their zeal to disprove the existence of God they have through their discoveries created more questions and therefore the presence of a omnipresent hand in developing of the world. They have also succeeded in establishing the proof and truth of the Gospels of the Bible.
    Well said sir
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by marv View Post
    What's missing in this discussion is the Big Bang theory. Now, it's also a theory because it can't be replicated to be examined for provenance....The Big Bang started as a "nothing", and evolved into a "something" we call the Universe.

The Universe is infinite in both dimension and duration. It's always been here...I'm confident that it'll always be here even if our galaxy and the cluster it's in go away.
    Marv, if you're interested in this stuff, they are even changing/adapting these old theories.

First, those eggheads over in CERN are trying to replicate what happened immediately after the Big Bang. Granted, they can't replicate the BB but they are trying to get close.

Second, some guys (respected too) are postulating that the BB wasn't from nothing but was created from the collision of two universes that exist on different dimensions from us. Read up on multiverse and m-theory for more info. M Theory kinda makes me laugh (not because it might not be legit) because they came up with it to support the five different string theories they have going right now. At least that's where it was last time I read anything about it. M Theory needed 11 dimensions plus time to exist. Could be more by now.

Even the universe as we know it probably won't be around forever. Once it cools it will die and fade away or just be composed of particles that won't do much of anything, unless they bump into each other and create some new universes (or is it universi).
    Be Not Afraid.