Thread: All Is Lost

1. #1 All Is Lost 
    Anyone see this movie? Robert Redford is the only character and there is very little dialogue. Maybe a couple minutes worth in the entire movie. As strange as that sounds, I recommend it.

I have my own interpretation of the movie (and ending) but no spoilers for now.
    Be Not Afraid.

To Redford, it doesn’t matter whether or not he succeeds. It’s the trying that matters.

Not for me.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.

Ok, I looked up the storyline on IMDb ...

Here it is, but don't check the page because nearly each review contains spoilers.

Storyline

Deep into a solo voyage in the Indian Ocean, an unnamed man (Redford) wakes to find his 39-foot yacht taking on water after a collision with a shipping container left floating on the high seas. With his navigation equipment and radio disabled, the man sails unknowingly into the path of a violent storm. Despite his success in patching the breached hull, his mariner's intuition and a strength that belies his age, the man barely survives the tempest. Using only a sextant and nautical maps to chart his progress, he is forced to rely on ocean currents to carry him into a shipping lane in hopes of hailing a passing vessel. But with the sun unrelenting, sharks circling and his meager supplies dwindling, the ever-resourceful sailor soon finds himself staring his mortality in the face.

You can thank me later for the info!
    American By Choice ~ 1980

Don't need to go to a movie to feel that the sharks are closing in and danger is imminent, just have to listen to the news.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

GO CARDS

Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid was on one of my cable channels over the weekend-what a great movie that is. That's probably one of the only movies in which I like Redford. My mom loved him, though, when I was a kid.