1. #1 The Jack Reacher novels 
    I am an avid fan of Lee Child's Jack Reacher novels. They are coming out with a Recher movie in December! Yay! But.... here is the description of Jack Reacher:

Reacher is 6' 5" tall (1.96m) with a 50-inch chest, and weighing between 210 and 250 pounds (100–115 kg). He has ice-blue eyes and dirty blond hair. He has very little body fat, and his muscular physique is completely natural (he reveals in Persuader, he has never been an exercise enthusiast.) He is exceptionally strong but is not a good runner.[4] Reacher's strength is combined with his savant intellect and military training, analyzing his environment and opponents at extremely high processing speeds
    Okay, so who do you think the hollywierdos pickked to play Jack!?....... Freakin Tom (the midget) Cruise!

Unreal!

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Maybe they'll stand him on a box.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.

Nova is hyperventilating right now.

pat45: I'm playing catchup with the Reacher series and have found some (minor but disturbing) discrepancies. Primary one being his internal clock. It's a big deal in the later books but I'm just now getting back to number 2 where he has the sense yet he did not in #3. There are other stories where it is and where it isn't present. One I read, don't remember which, had him dependent on his watch.

What else has Child developed/changed/forgotten over the series?

I did figure out why I enjoy it so much after reading John MacDonald's Nightmare in Pink in which Child wrote the intro. It seems MacDonald and McGee gave Mr. Child a leg up on the writing game. Reacher and McGee have a lot in common.

Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    pat45: I'm playing catchup with the Reacher series and have found some (minor but disturbing) discrepancies. Primary one being his internal clock. It's a big deal in the later books but I'm just now getting back to number 2 where he has the sense yet he did not in #3. There are other stories where it is and where it isn't present. One I read, don't remember which, had him dependent on his watch.

What else has Child developed/changed/forgotten over the series?

I did figure out why I enjoy it so much after reading John MacDonald's Nightmare in Pink in which Child wrote the intro. It seems MacDonald and McGee gave Mr. Child a leg up on the writing game. Reacher and McGee have a lot in common.
    Wow,I haven't thought about but i have read every Travis McGee books but it's ancient history, I have to get them on my Kindle and read them all again. Do you read any of the Robert Crais series with Elvis Cole and Joe pike?

By the way I would have cast John Cena or the Rock as Reacher way before I would have even envisioned the midget Cruise!

Somebody was joking about this on tv last night-I think it was Alex Trebek on Jeopardy. The clue was about the novels, and the description of Jack Reacher, and he made a joke about the casting of Tom Cruise in the role.

Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    By the way I would have cast John Cena or the Rock as Reacher way before I would have even envisioned the midget Cruise!
    I didn't read the books but I thought the movie, and Cruise, were good.

I realize the guy's supposed to be 6'5" or something but if you don't know that going in, no biggie.
    Be Not Afraid.

I've heard of Cole and Pike but can't say I've read any.
    Way back when - 4 of us took turns buying the McGee novels and then passing them around. I had Reacher #3 checked out of my local library via kindle and they rec'd Nightmare in Pink when I checked it in. I checked the synopsis and did not recall it so I got it and finished it in two nights. Apparently I missed it on the first round.
    Once I catch up on Reacher, I'm chasing down all the old Trav stories in chron order and re-reading them.
    Building a paperback bookcase in my office closet right now so when I load it up I can review Louis La'mour in print. I got'm all.

As long as the midget is playing the part I will never see one of the movies. I could name a half-dozen better candidates. I can't believe Child signed off on it.

I read the first couple of the Reacher books. They were pretty good but soon became predictable and boring.