Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Biggest Government Bailout since the Depression 
    Banned

There's not a problem, since as MANY, MANY posters have informed me here, it's only:

1. The liberal media hyping for Obama
    2. Jimmy Carter's fault
    3. The fault of the Democratic Congress (of age less than 2 years)

It certainly couldn't be the fault of the Idiot Child and his policies. Wait, wait, John McCain co-sponsored a bill in 2005 that would have solved the entire problem. But the evil Dim Dodd blocked it in Committee, a committee that had a majority (by 2) of Republicans. Damn those Dims are smart.

But, don't be a Doom and Gloomer. It was worse under Jimmah and our morals went to Hell under Bill.

Mods, can you merge this with the other, almost verbatim, threads he's started on this topic.

Thank you.
    Be Not Afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Mods, can you merge this with the other, almost verbatim, threads he's started on this topic.

Thank you.
    give a mod some help here and point me in the direction please.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillygirl View Post
    give a mod some help here and point me in the direction please.
    Sorry, should have added:

/end sarcasm...(but not entirely)
    Be Not Afraid.

Banned

Thank you.
    Why don't we merge all the threads blaming the Democrats for all these problems. Tell me, the Republicans are the "party of personal responsibility" that's taking no responsibility for this mess after being in charge for the last 8 years?

Merge all the local Idiot's threads blaming Jimmy Carter.

Banned
    Sorry, should have added:

/end sarcasm...(but not entirely)
    BTW, the Gunners are back in first place! :D

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
    Wait, wait, John McCain co-sponsored a bill in 2005 that would have solved the entire problem. But the evil Dim Dodd blocked it in Committee, a committee that had a majority (by 2) of Republicans. Damn those Dims are smart.
    Do you know why (or how) Bush was blocked in 2003 and McCain in 2005 when they tried to fix this?
    Be Not Afraid.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Do you know why (or how) Bush was blocked in 2003 and McCain in 2005 when they tried to fix this?
    Don't bother him with facts ,He has 'come out of his closet' as a raging full blown liberal critter and 'fair Game ' for abuse,the poor abused critter !:D

He is angry that Jimmah Carter is getting 'bad Press' for his failings and if he stoops to support Carter then he is 'Very Far Gone ' !.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    Don't bother him with facts ,He has 'come out of his closet' as a raging full blown liberal critter and 'fair Game ' for abuse,the poor abused critter !:D

He is angry that Jimmah Carter is getting 'bad Press' for his failings and if he stoops to support Carter then he is 'Very Far Gone ' !.
    Uh, megs, the facts are these. The R's controlled both houses of Congress from 1994 - 2006, excluding the Jeffords period in the Senate. The bill that you reference was co-sponsored by John McCain; it was written by Chuck Hagel, a conservative icon around here :eek:. When it came to Committee in 2005 and 2006, Richard Shelby was Chair of the committee with a Republican majority (of 2). It only takes a majority vote by the committee to send the bill to the full Senate. Please explain how Dodd blocked the bill?

As to Jimmy Carter, he was probably the second worst president of the 20th century. However, to blame our present woes on a president whose last day in office was almost 28 years ago smacks of irresponsibility (not to mention insanity). This comes from the party of "personal responsibility," in which "the buck stops here?" The "mission accomplished" party? The you're all a "bunch of whiners" party?

As far as coming out of the closet, I've never made any secret of the fact that I don't agree with the R's on many matters, particularly those of "morality" and personal liberties. However, if you check the record, you will find that I fully intended to vote for McCain. In fact, I've defended McCain here against many members who attacked him previously. However, when he picked someone as unqualified as Palin as his VP, he lost my vote.

Just today the Dems let expire the ban on offshore drilling that they've been desperately trying to maintain.

How was that possible when they control the Congress? How were the Repubs able to do this when they are the minority?
    Be Not Afraid.