Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Just today the Dems let expire the ban on offshore drilling that they've been desperately trying to maintain.

How was that possible when they control the Congress? How were the Repubs able to do this when they are the minority?
    Huh? You lost me on that one, and its applicability to the topic, JB? Clearly, the Dims let the ban expire so that they could quietly get out of a position that was becoming politically unfeasible for them. And the R's went along with it because it served their purposes and, because trying to oppose it, would make them look fairly silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
    Huh? You lost me on that one, and its applicability to the topic, JB?
    You've been repeatedly posting that how could it be the Dems fault when the Repubs were in control. As in, how can you blame the minority when the majority had the power.

Today, the Dems are in power (the majority) and their pet project for the last several decades was defeated by the Repubs (the minority).

So, the minority won today. Just like they did in 2003 and 2005. ;)
    Be Not Afraid.

Banned
    You've been repeatedly posting that how could it be the Dems fault when the Repubs were in control. As in, how can you blame the minority when the majority had the power.

Today, the Dems are in power (the majority) and their pet project for the last several decades was defeated by the Repubs (the minority).

So, the minority won today. Just like they did in 2003 and 2005. ;)
    But they "lost" not because of anything the Rs did (at least directly), but rather because of public pressure. It became a pocketbook issue and all politicians know to get out of the way of those.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
    But they "lost" not because of anything the Rs did (at least directly), but rather because of public pressure. It became a pocketbook issue and all politicians know to get out of the way of those.
    I'm force-choking your ass as we speak. Along with sending some black light.

I need to look around and see if I can put this on Kennedy in some way.
    Be Not Afraid.

Banned
    I'm force-choking your ass as we speak. Along with sending some black light.

I need to look around and see if I can put this on Kennedy in some way.

The world's economy may be falling apart, but God's in His/Her Heaven as Chelsea/ManU drew 1-1, Liverpool drew with Stoke (Stoke :eek: Stoke :D), and the Gunners moved into first place by beating boogie team Bolton (without Anelka) 0-3!

Here's a Kennedy for you...

Mmmmmmm......moobs!:p
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)