Thread: I never thought I'd live to see times like this...

1. #1 I never thought I'd live to see times like this... 
    I know the govt is corrupt but do they think we are retards? The biggest drop in the UE in over 20 years? or that the biggest drop in UE claims happens right before an election. I am sorry I just don't see this economy can create those numbers. Is there a economy teacher or numbers guru that can explain it to me?
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    I know the govt is corrupt but do they think we are retards? The biggest drop in the UE in over 20 years? or that the biggest drop in UE claims happens right before an election. I am sorry I just don't see this economy can create those numbers. Is there a economy teacher or numbers guru that can explain it to me?
    No, you're right and there are economists who have already come out and said that the numbers don't jibe(I'm assuming by UE you mean unemployment). Other factors are that the number of people off the UE rolls are people who dropped out of the job market altogether. From what I've heard from some economists, in order for the number to remain static, 150,000 people would have had to start working, however, only 114,000 people entered the workforce in September so logic dictates that the UE number should have gone up, not down or at best stayed the same.
    "Inequality is a false notion propagated by those who are made to feel guilty for what they have by those who are jealous for what they don't"-Former MTV Host Kennedy

I take it you are referring to this?

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2012-1...low-lowest-exp

The number is so drastic because a "large" state didn't report it's numbers. They won't name which state.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

If i am reading this right the U-6 number hasn't changed. God I just wish someone in the MSM would blast obama for this or am I wrong?
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly