Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Power CUer
    OK. While I believe that school employees can be very inappropriate (and have seen this in action), I'd be careful about taking the kid's word for it. Sometimes, kids can make stuff up, and I've seen that too. I'm on the fence until there are credible witnesses. If kids don't like a sub, a teacher, a bus driver, or a principal, they can be very nasty and some have no ethics whatsoever. I remember one accusation in particular--a career ending and possibly prosecutable accusation--levied against a thoroughly innocent (and overworked) Special Ed teacher by a student who got sick of being scolded for bullying other kids.

If the bus driver did this, then fire her without a retirement. But, let's see if this kid is truly a nice kid with a discerning mind or a little a**hole.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Does anyone see stories of conservatives doing this? I'm serious.

I imagine there are but everytime I turn around lately some idiot on the left is attacking a kid over some political viewpoint. We're going through a dustup (that went national) around here right now. Kid has to change schools now because she wore a Romney tshirt on casual Friday and a teacher harassed the shit out of her for it.
    Maybe...
    Just sayin', right now....

The local fishwrap is reporting a cop pulling over more cars with Maobama stickers... Of course I did add the "maybe". This "paper" only has 3 readers, that pay for it, the other rag here has about 250
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    OK. While I believe that school employees can be very inappropriate (and have seen this in action), I'd be careful about taking the kid's word for it. Sometimes, kids can make stuff up, and I've seen that too. I'm on the fence until there are credible witnesses. If kids don't like a sub, a teacher, a bus driver, or a principal, they can be very nasty and some have no ethics whatsoever. I remember one accusation in particular--a career ending and possibly prosecutable accusation--levied against a thoroughly innocent (and overworked) Special Ed teacher by a student who got sick of being scolded for bullying other kids.

If the bus driver did this, then fire her without a retirement. But, let's see if this kid is truly a nice kid with a discerning mind or a little a**hole.
    The busses there are run by a private contractor (and this was a private school actually) so the chances are she's not expecting a pension anyway. If she's working at 78 years old, it's probably for the money.

From the story:
    "Other kids on the bus verified the boy’s account and are providing written statements."
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    A man is but a product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes. Gandhi
    Quote Originally Posted by Carol
    When I judge someone's integrity one key thing I look at is - How does s/he treat people s/he doesn't agree with or does not like?
    I can respect someone who I do not agree with, but I have NO respect for someone who puts others down in a public forum. That is the hallmark of someone who has no integrity, and cannot be trusted.

Durham immediately removed the driver from service pending an investigation, which resulted in the termination of the driver.

Considering that the company fired this person logic dictates that she more than likely she admitted it thinking she did nothing wrong.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.