Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Other than Papaverde's almost throwing away game one Saturday night against the Yankees, I'm pretty happy with the Tigers' performance so far. Verlander pitches tomorrow, at home, with the Tigers up 2-0. I have my Bible study from 7-9, so when I get home it will be a tough choice between watching the debate or the game.

If I had been Doug Fister on Saturday, I'd be very pissed off at Valverde for almost costing me my win. Fister started the game and pitched a shutout while he was in the game.

Sanchez and Coke did a good job yesterday. I still want to see Prince Fielder bat a little better, he's my favorite Tiger right now (I loved his dad, too, back around 1990).

I'm hoping for a Cards/Tigers rematch, mostly because St. Louis is only one time zone away, and the games won't start at 10:00 EDT.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Other than Papaverde's almost throwing away game one Saturday night against the Yankees, I'm pretty happy with the Tigers' performance so far. Verlander pitches tomorrow, at home, with the Tigers up 2-0. I have my Bible study from 7-9, so when I get home it will be a tough choice between watching the debate or the game.

If I had been Doug Fister on Saturday, I'd be very pissed off at Valverde for almost costing me my win. Fister started the game and pitched a shutout while he was in the game.

Sanchez and Coke did a good job yesterday. I still want to see Prince Fielder bat a little better, he's my favorite Tiger right now (I loved his dad, too, back around 1990).

I'm hoping for a Cards/Tigers rematch, mostly because St. Louis is only one time zone away, and the games won't start at 10:00 EDT.
    I'd like a Cards/Tigers series, so the "flyover country" is represented. I like scrappy teams---and that description fits both teams. Good luck, Noonie.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Well, you all don't want me to comment because I've been wrong the entire playoffs. I picked the O's, A's, Nats, and Reds to advance and all lost. The only reason why I picked those teams is because I love it when teams aren't media darlings. An O's/Nats world series would have been pure gold.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Game 4 tonight Yanks and Tigers.. It'll be a close one. The Yankees have lost 3 games sure, but none of them have been blow outs. Their star pitcher will be up and he'll be their best chance at not getting shut out of the ALCS.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Game 4 tonight Yanks and Tigers.. It'll be a close one. The Yankees have lost 3 games sure, but none of them have been blow outs. Their star pitcher will be up and he'll be their best chance at not getting shut out of the ALCS.
    I think the Yanks are done. That's hard coming from a fan, but they are not hitting. Even if they got a win tonight it will be over sooner than 7. Tigers just have too much pitching left.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

What happens if they can't finish a game due to weather? There's probably a couple more hour of good rain and thunderstorms that'll delay the Cards/Giants game. Would they just push the last inning and a half to tomorrow?
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    What happens if they can't finish a game due to weather? There's probably a couple more hour of good rain and thunderstorms that'll delay the Cards/Giants game. Would they just push the last inning and a half to tomorrow?
    In regular season St. Louis would win the game. They are up 3 to 1 in an official game. Game goes official after 5 1/2 innings.

This being the playoffs, who knows what the heck they would do. I imagine they will wait as long as possible to call it but playing the last 1 1/2 innings tomorrow should be out of the question.
    Be Not Afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    In regular season St. Louis would win the game. They are up 3 to 1 in an official game. Game goes official after 5 1/2 innings.

This being the playoffs, who knows what the heck they would do. I imagine they will wait as long as possible to call it but playing the last 1 1/2 innings tomorrow should be out of the question.
    They started playing it around 10 pm EDT. I managed to catch the last two outs----THE CARDS WON!! yAY!!! (Have to admit that I'm very biased).

GO CARDS
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Tigers/Yankees game 4 was postponed until 4:00 today. It rained all morning, but I went out at lunch time, and the rain had ended. They have the lights on at Comerica Park (I can see the lights from my office), and the tailgating/bar hopping has begun in the Eastern Market, where I went to get lunch.

The temperature took a 20 degree dive from yesterday, though.