Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    Let's be perfectly clear. I draw the line at voting for another Liberal because the Republican is a liberal. I supported Buchanan in 92' and 96' primaries but supported Bush in the GE. I would have stayed home before I would have ever voted for Clinton.

Funny though. The Democrat running against Lindsey Graham in 08' was a DINO and had some of the most conservative stances. And Graham is the most leftist Republican of my generation. Had I been in that district I would have probably voted for him to because of that and that Graham is so bad.
    I have always been a registered Independent, and Clinton was my first election. I was looking at the fact that Bush lied and Clinton was the ultimate sales man. I can still remember hearing Rush say daily about how much of a mistake Clinton was. But when you look at what it was like with him as President. Things weren't that bad. Then most of that is because he stood back and let Newt and the Congress do their job.

As it still stands though, if Perot was not in the race, Bush would have been re-elected.

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....
    _ WELFARE IS NOT AN ENTITLEMENT! _

And Bush sr. deserved to lose for going back on his promise for taxes.

See....raising taxes = LIBERAL policy. Get it?

American's said thank you very little and fired his ass.
    Bush got screwed by the left on that. he finally agreed to raising some taxes if the left also agreed to a dollar for dollar cut in spending. Bush held up his end of the bargain the left as usual didn't. Incidentally the tax increases played a part in the down tic of the economy during the last part of his presidency. His mistake other than trusting the left was not coherently explaining that at the time to the American people.

The irony of Libertarians in a presidential race is Libertarians are more closely aligned with the right but don't have the votes to win thereby in effect help the D presidential candidate. It's a classical case of cutting off the nose to spite the face.
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

It's pretty damn simple.

Either you want Obuttlick, or you don't.

Voting for anyone that has less than a snowballs chance in hell is plain and simple bat shit stupid!

I'm sick and tired of hearing "he's in a cult", "Ron Paul was cheated", "2 party system sucks".

GET OVER IT!
    Put on your big boy panties, suck it up and get those two dipshits out of office!!!!!!!!!!
    Give a liberal a fish - he will eat for a day
    Teach a liberal to fish - he will come back tomorrow wanting more free fish!

Last presidential election cycle over 100 political people/parties were registered to run in the "2 party system". Now naturally why should any political movement advancing a candidate that can't even garner 5% of the vote be given any consideration. You wanna play in the big league show the people you got the stuff until them stick to the farm league.

Personally I think 5% is too low a threshold but I don't make the rules.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Johnson was a lifelong Republican until just a few months ago. He got his ass handed to him in the primary, never raised more than $8 dollars for his campaign and when he lost he cried like a bitch and became Libertarian instead of supporting the party he had been involved with his entire life. It's a douchebag move and he is a douchebag for doing it. F him. If he ever decides to run as an R for Congress or Senate I will do whatever I can for his opponent.

And has Ron Paul endorsed Romney yet? If not, why not?

Both of these aholes would have had the full support of the Republican party if they had won. They didn't and they act like jerkoffs. They should be treated as jerkoffs.
    Be Not Afraid.

Gary Johnson will be lucky if he brings in 0.5% of the vote

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Johnson was a lifelong Republican until just a few months ago. He got his ass handed to him in the primary, never raised more than $8 dollars for his campaign and when he lost he cried like a bitch and became Libertarian instead of supporting the party he had been involved with his entire life. It's a douchebag move and he is a douchebag for doing it. F him. If he ever decides to run as an R for Congress or Senate I will do whatever I can for his opponent.
    Gary Johnson claims to have been a republican in name only but governed New mexico as a Libertarian. He does have a rather impressive record as Governor.

• Before running for Governor he grew a one man handyman business to a thousand employees.
    • Not only did he cut taxes 14 times as Governor, Gary Johnson’s 8 years as governor was the longest period of time New Mexico had ever gone without a raise in taxes.
    • As governor Gary Johnson vetoed 750 bills during his two terms – more bills vetoed then all the other governors during the same 8 year period combined - earning him the nickname Governor Veto. One third of those bills were Republican bills.
    • Gary Johnson used his line-item veto thousands of times.
    • Gary Johnson made the healthcare plan he received as governor available to every citizen of New Mexico and transitioned the state’s Medicare program to managed care. This provided incentives for better care, cost control, and lowered the cost to the state of New Mexico by 25%.
    • He reduced the number of state employees by over a thousand employees.
    • When he expressed interest in running for Governor of New Mexico the Republican establishment advised him that in order to run for governor he would need to run for lower offices first. Gary ignored their advice and won against a Democratic incumbent 50% – 40% in a state where registered Democrats out number registered Republicans 2 – 1.
    • When Gary Johnson ran for reelection the democrats put up a hispanic candidate in a state that is 40% hispanic and has a 2-1 Dem – GOP ratio. Gary Johnson then won 55% to 45%.
    • Gary Johnson could not run for third term because he was term limited. He left undefeated. He left the state with a $1 billion dollar surplus.
    • Gary Johnson’s adherence to rock solid limited government principles brought his state 11.7% job growth over the course of this two terms.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    He does have a rather impressive record as Governor.
    While I'm not sure of the man's entire platform I know enough about him to know that he and I have a great deal in common. I just think what he did this election was a dick move. He put all his marbles into the New Hampshire primary (as an R) hoping to get some name recognition. He got smoked.

I've always believed he will pull from Romney but the only positive I can take away from Johnson's campaigning right now is that he is campaigning on college campuses. Probably because more than three people will show up. If he manages to take some uninformed youth vote from Barry, have at it.
    Be Not Afraid.

Ok.. That's probably closer to the truth. I forgot about Perot. Matter of fact had he not dropped out he'd of probably beat both their asses.

I kinda wish there were more trolls involved in national elections. This country is in desperate need of something beyond two party politics.
    Dropped out? He ran again in 1996!
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Dropped out? He ran again in 1996!
    He dropped out in one of them because Number One Daughter was being mocked or threatened or something, I think it was the second one.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg