Threaded View

1. #1 Wallace: 'Most Disrespectful Debate Performance In My Lifetime' 
    link

Around 50% of the threads on DU are simply threads that mock and deride Romney, Ryan, Republicans and/or conservatives. Lately the major theme is that Romney and Ryan are lying. Of course the definition of "lie" is whatever they chose to make it.

What is really disturbing is that they see NOTHING wrong with the way Biden acted at the debate yesterday. They have no problem with the outright derision, laughter and rude behavior that Biden showed toward Romney which was done in order to somehow show that what Ryan had to say was wrong or inconsequential.

It is really disturbing that they don't care how they treat others as long as they get what they want.
    Botany (34,451 posts)

Wallace: 'Most Disrespectful Debate Performance In My Lifetime'

Fox News’ Chris Wallace speaking shortly tonight’s VP debate said, “I don’t believe I have ever seen a
    debate in which one participant was as openly disrespectful of the other as Biden was to Paul Ryan.”
    Wallace cited Biden’s facial gestures and phrases such as “malarkey” and “stuff.”

http://nation.foxnews.com/chris-wall...ce-my-lifetime
    Odin2005 (46,230 posts)

1. You bastards deserve no respect.
    Nancy Waterman (6,118 posts)

4. How else do you deal with a filibustering liar?

It was the only way to point out the ridiculousness of Ryan's bull sh*t.
    Otherwise, the lies go unremarked, and we know how that turns out.
    CoffeeCat (18,905 posts)

19. How much respect do lying con artists actually deserve?

Paul Ryan is lucky that Biden didn't deck him and call him a pathological liar.

Smiling and chuckling when someone lies repeatedly is some kind of major offense?

Oh please, Mr. Wallace. No one is impressed with your over-the-top drama queening.

Grow some balls.

"Waaaaaaa! Joe Biden laughed at Paul Ryan!!! Waaaa!! Waaaaa!"
    HappyMe (6,528 posts)

32. Too fucking bad.

Paul Ryan doesn't deserve any respect.
    dawg (4,368 posts)

47. Sometimes, a candidate must choose between respecting his opponent or respecting the public.

If you give respect and deference to liars, what does that make you?

My father taught me that respect is never something that is given. It must be earned. And a pathological liar, who is presumably innumerate as well, is not deserving of anyone's respect.
    andym (2,334 posts)

53. I agree with Wallace. Biden DID disrespect Ryan. And rightly so. Manipulative Liars

deserve no respect. Biden's disrespect of Ryan was more than justified.
    It really makes me wonder what it will be like if Obama loses, which he very well might.

link

kpete (36,428 posts)

TAIBBI: 'Joe Biden Was Right to Laugh-We All Should Be Laughing At Their BEADY-EYED-BS-isms'

The Vice Presidential Debate: Joe Biden Was Right to Laugh

I’ve never thought much of Joe Biden. But man, did he get it right in last night’s debate, and not just because he walloped sniveling little Paul Ryan on the facts. What he got absolutely right, despite what you might read this morning (many outlets are criticizing Biden’s dramatic excesses), was his tone. Biden did absolutely roll his eyes, snort, laugh derisively and throw his hands up in the air whenever Ryan trotted out his little beady-eyed BS-isms.

But he should have! He was absolutely right to be doing it. We all should be doing it. That includes all of us in the media, and not just paid obnoxious-opinion-merchants like me, but so-called "objective" news reporters as well. We should all be rolling our eyes, and scoffing and saying, "Come back when you're serious."

The load of balls that both Romney and Ryan have been pushing out there for this whole election season is simply not intellectually serious. Most of their platform isn't even a real platform, it's a fourth-rate parlor trick designed to paper over the real agenda – cutting taxes even more for super-rich dickheads like Mitt Romney, and getting everyone else to pay the bill.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/politics...#ixzz296suWiBa
    MORE:
    http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/blogs/taibblog
    Last edited by Carol; 10-12-2012 at 09:07 PM.