1. #1 Wallace: 'Most Disrespectful Debate Performance In My Lifetime' 
    link

Around 50% of the threads on DU are simply threads that mock and deride Romney, Ryan, Republicans and/or conservatives. Lately the major theme is that Romney and Ryan are lying. Of course the definition of "lie" is whatever they chose to make it.

What is really disturbing is that they see NOTHING wrong with the way Biden acted at the debate yesterday. They have no problem with the outright derision, laughter and rude behavior that Biden showed toward Romney which was done in order to somehow show that what Ryan had to say was wrong or inconsequential.

It is really disturbing that they don't care how they treat others as long as they get what they want.
    Botany (34,451 posts)

Wallace: 'Most Disrespectful Debate Performance In My Lifetime'

Fox News’ Chris Wallace speaking shortly tonight’s VP debate said, “I don’t believe I have ever seen a
    debate in which one participant was as openly disrespectful of the other as Biden was to Paul Ryan.”
    Wallace cited Biden’s facial gestures and phrases such as “malarkey” and “stuff.”

http://nation.foxnews.com/chris-wall...ce-my-lifetime
    Odin2005 (46,230 posts)

1. You bastards deserve no respect.
    Nancy Waterman (6,118 posts)

4. How else do you deal with a filibustering liar?

It was the only way to point out the ridiculousness of Ryan's bull sh*t.
    Otherwise, the lies go unremarked, and we know how that turns out.
    CoffeeCat (18,905 posts)

19. How much respect do lying con artists actually deserve?

Paul Ryan is lucky that Biden didn't deck him and call him a pathological liar.

Smiling and chuckling when someone lies repeatedly is some kind of major offense?

Oh please, Mr. Wallace. No one is impressed with your over-the-top drama queening.

Grow some balls.

"Waaaaaaa! Joe Biden laughed at Paul Ryan!!! Waaaa!! Waaaaa!"
    HappyMe (6,528 posts)

32. Too fucking bad.

Paul Ryan doesn't deserve any respect.
    dawg (4,368 posts)

47. Sometimes, a candidate must choose between respecting his opponent or respecting the public.

If you give respect and deference to liars, what does that make you?

My father taught me that respect is never something that is given. It must be earned. And a pathological liar, who is presumably innumerate as well, is not deserving of anyone's respect.
    andym (2,334 posts)

53. I agree with Wallace. Biden DID disrespect Ryan. And rightly so. Manipulative Liars

deserve no respect. Biden's disrespect of Ryan was more than justified.
    It really makes me wonder what it will be like if Obama loses, which he very well might.

link

kpete (36,428 posts)

TAIBBI: 'Joe Biden Was Right to Laugh-We All Should Be Laughing At Their BEADY-EYED-BS-isms'

The Vice Presidential Debate: Joe Biden Was Right to Laugh

I’ve never thought much of Joe Biden. But man, did he get it right in last night’s debate, and not just because he walloped sniveling little Paul Ryan on the facts. What he got absolutely right, despite what you might read this morning (many outlets are criticizing Biden’s dramatic excesses), was his tone. Biden did absolutely roll his eyes, snort, laugh derisively and throw his hands up in the air whenever Ryan trotted out his little beady-eyed BS-isms.

But he should have! He was absolutely right to be doing it. We all should be doing it. That includes all of us in the media, and not just paid obnoxious-opinion-merchants like me, but so-called "objective" news reporters as well. We should all be rolling our eyes, and scoffing and saying, "Come back when you're serious."

The load of balls that both Romney and Ryan have been pushing out there for this whole election season is simply not intellectually serious. Most of their platform isn't even a real platform, it's a fourth-rate parlor trick designed to paper over the real agenda – cutting taxes even more for super-rich dickheads like Mitt Romney, and getting everyone else to pay the bill.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/politics...#ixzz296suWiBa
    MORE:
    http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/blogs/taibblog
    Last edited by Carol; 10-12-2012 at 09:07 PM.

A friend of mine has been going more and more DU like lately. Maybe I should point that out to him...
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Carol View Post
    It really makes me wonder what it will be like if Obama loses, which he very well might.
    I'm guessing 2004-style meltdown of epic proportions. Probably worse, because if Romney wins, I suspect it will be by a not small margin, and if that happens, DU will be thrown into the cauldron of having to try to not afce the fact that the nation has flatly rejected their ideas, yet again, for being as pig-headed and wrong as they actually are. It will take them delicious days to manage to dream up their rationalizations of why their foolish ideals really do work, but were rejected by the grown-ups in the country.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Fabulous Poster
    Ryan and Romney are bots. If you don't attack them, they will simply keep repeating their programming.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Ryan and Romney are bots. If you don't attack them, they will simply keep repeating their programming.
    I see you're a tad bit upset over Slo Joe's performance last night.

Good.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    A friend of mine has been going more and more DU like lately. Maybe I should point that out to him...

Just forward him this:

Who is “whiskey” Joe Biden?
    Biden (Debate) – “But I always say what I mean.”

On jobs and tax cuts

Biden (Debate) - if they'd get out of the way, if they get out of the way and let us pass the tax cut for the middle class, make it permanent, if they get out of the way and pass the — pass the jobs bill, if they get out of the way and let us allow 14 million people who are struggling to stay in their homes because their mortgages are upside-down, but they never missed a mortgage payment — just get out of the way.”
    $194 billion in spending and extension of unemployment benefits is a “jobs bill”….. Honey get up, it’s time to go to the mailbox…….
    “Just get out of our way” - we don’t want bi-partisan leadership, we want it our way!
    Biden (Debate): We want to extend permanently the middle-class tax cut for -- permanently, from the Bush middle-class tax cut.
    Since when did he become a supporter of ANY tax cuts for the middle class?
    In May 2001 Biden voted against both of President George W. Bush’s major tax cut proposals, that he now wants to extend.
    1990 Biden supported an amendment sponsored by then-Senator Al Gore to raise the income-tax rate on middle-class Americans (i.e., married couples earning more than $78,400 a year and individuals earning more than $47,050) from 28 percent to 33 percent.
    In all but three of the 16 years spanning 1992 to 2007, the non-partisan National Taxpayers Union (NTU) -- which grades each member of Congress on taxing and spending issues -- gave Biden an “F.” In 2007, NTU gave him a 4 percent rating and ranked him 94th out of 100 senators.

On Obama’s ability to lead

Feb 2007 - Biden, in an interview with the Huffington Post, said: “The more people learn about them [Obama and Hillary Clinton] and how they handle the pressure, the more their support will evaporate.”
    August 2007 - Biden was asked during a debate if he stood by his previous criticism of Obama’s inexperience when he said that “the presidency is not something that lends itself to on-the-job training.” Biden responded, “… I stand by that statement.”

On Afghanistan

BIDEN (Debate): We will leave in 2014.
    REP. RYAN(Debate): What we do not want to do is give our allies reason to trust us less and our enemies more — we don't want to embolden our enemies to hold and wait out for us and then take over the —
    BIDEN (Debate): Martha, that's a bizarre statement.
    Bizarre?
    Assessing Obama’s Iraq plan, Biden stated on September 13, 2007: “My impression is Obama thinks that if we leave, somehow the Iraqis are going to have an epiphany of diplomatic coexistence among the warring factions. I’ve seen zero evidence of that.”
    In 2005 Biden told the Brookings Institution: “We can call it quits and withdraw from Iraq. I think that would be a gigantic mistake. Or we can set a deadline for pulling out, which I fear will only encourage our enemies to wait us out -- equally a mistake.”

On the recession

BIDEN (Debate): And by the way, they talk about this Great Recession if it fell out of the sky, like, oh my goodness, where did it come from? It came from this man voting to put two wars in a credit card,” …….”I was there. I voted against him. I said, no, we can't afford that.”
    October 2002 Biden voted “Yes” on authorizing the use of military force against Iraq. He continued to express his resolve on the matter in 2004, emphatically stating: “I voted to give the President the authority to use force in Iraq. I still believe my vote was just.”
    In the midst of a major stock-market crisis in late September 2008, Biden told CBS interviewer Katie Couric that it was incumbent upon the U.S President to demonstrate leadership and allay public fears by clearly explaining how the crisis will be solved.
    Biden Stated: “Part of what being a leader does is to instill confidence, is to demonstrate that he or she knows what they are talking about and to communicate to people ... this is how we can fix this”
    "When the stock market crashed [in October 1929], Franklin D. Roosevelt got on the television and didn't just talk about the, you know, the princes of greed. He said, 'Look, here's what happened."
    All we he from him now is Bush, the 1%, Wall Street…… “the princes of greed”.
    SIDE NOTE - When the stock market crashed in 1929, Herbert Hoover was the U.S. President; FDR would not take office until March 4, 1933. Nor could any President have addressed the American people on television in 1929, because TV would not be introduced to the public until a decade later, at the 1939 World's Fair.

On Bin Laden

Biden (Debate): quoted Romney as saying that he would not “move heaven and earth” to get Osama bin Laden. (totally inaccurate, but telling none the less)
    It was widely reported in the months after the Bin Laden raid that when President asked his top advisors what they thought about the plan, the major lone disinter was none other than whiskey Joe.
    Mark Bowden — author of a new book “The Finish: The Killing of Osama bin Laden” — wrote, there were two options on the table for killing bin Laden: a drone strike and the special operations raid. Gates, National Counterterrorism Center director Michael Leiter, and Vice Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff James Cartwright argued for a drone strike. Everyone else favored the special operations raid (including Biden’s own national security adviser, Tony Blinken). But when it was Biden’s chance to speak, he turned to Obama and said: “Mr. President, my suggestion is: don’t go.”
    Biden’s reasons were based not on national security, but on electoral politics.
    “The vice president was never shy about political calculations,” Bowden writes, citing exclusive interviews with Obama and other top officials. “Biden believed that if the president decided to choose either the air or the ground option, and if the effort failed, Obama could say goodbye to a second term.”

Joe has a problem with the truth, and has for a long time.

Biden first ran for U.S. President in 1987.
    In April of that year he told several lies about his academic record in law school during an appearance on C-SPAN.
    Biden stated that he had gone “to law school on a full academic scholarship -- the only one in my class to have a full academic scholarship”; that he had “ended up in the top half” of his law school class; and that he had “graduated with three degrees from college.”
    But each of those claims proved to be untrue. In reality, Biden had attended law school on a half scholarship that was based on financial need; he had graduated 76th in a class of 85; and he had earned only two college degrees -- in history and political science.
    His excuse was - “I exaggerate when I'm angry,” followed by another lie - “but I've never gone around telling people things that aren't true about me.”
    Before long, revelations surfaced that Biden also had plagiarized extensive portions of an article in law school and consequently had received a grade of “F” for the course. (He eventually was permitted to retake the course, and the failure was removed from his transcript.)
    As a result of these embarrassing examples of dishonesty, Biden withdrew from the presidential campaign on September 23, 1987 and resumed his duties as a U.S. Senator.
    Some of his more notable votes might intrigue you as well:
    In the midst of the Arab oil embargo of 1973, Biden was one of only five U.S. senators to vote against the first Alaskan pipeline bill. That pipeline has since yielded more than 15 billion barrels of oil, almost 20 percent of America's total production.
    In 2006 Biden voted “Yes” on allowing illegal aliens to participate in Social Security
    In 2007 Biden voted against a bill that prohibited illegal aliens convicted of serious crimes -- such as aggravated felonies, domestic violence, stalking, violation of protection orders, crimes against children, or the illegal purchase or sale of firearms -- from gaining legal status.
    Give a liberal a fish - he will eat for a day
    Teach a liberal to fish - he will come back tomorrow wanting more free fish!

Uh, yeah....

You have this precisely backwards, which is why the left keeps underestimating them. Romney has been a successful governor and businessman. Ryan has been the architect of the House tax plans and has been a staffer on the hill before that. They know their business because they've done it, and this is why they can speak intelligently on the issues. Obama has never run anything, and his understanding of economics is as shallow as his talking points, which is why he gets flustered and off message whenever he deviates from the script that has to be kept right in front of his face because he is too lazy to memorize it. Biden has been in the Senate since 1972 and has never run anything either. He was almost thrown out of law school for plagiarism, and was caught doing it again during the 1988 campaign, when he plagiarized a speech by British Labour Party leader Neil Kinnock. Neither of them have ever worked in the private sector and their political accomplishments consist of expropriating the work of others and taking credit for them. Obama and Biden are the bots, not Romney and Ryan.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

I look at tonight like this, Obama is supposed to do well if he doesn't it's a win for romney and if obama loses oh well there goes the election
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Wood View Post
    I'm guessing 2004-style meltdown of epic proportions. Probably worse, because if Romney wins, I suspect it will be by a not small margin, and if that happens, DU will be thrown into the cauldron of having to try to not afce the fact that the nation has flatly rejected their ideas, yet again, for being as pig-headed and wrong as they actually are. It will take them delicious days to manage to dream up their rationalizations of why their foolish ideals really do work, but were rejected by the grown-ups in the country.

And maybe this...
    May the FORCE be with you!