Thread: Danger: Malware Ahead warning ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by namvet View Post
    Vulnerability Report: Mozilla Firefox 10.x

http://secunia.com/advisories/product/39619/

Major Google Chrome vulnerability uncovered by hacker at Pwnium contest

link
    When you put all the security issues with IE (There were thousands of them over the years) up against the security issues with Firefox (There were a couple, but they update the program pretty quick to fix it). They don't compare. Firefox beats IE hands down....

Oh, and Firefox is at 17 beta. Not 10 .. ;)

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....
    _ WELFARE IS NOT AN ENTITLEMENT! _

Quote Originally Posted by LukeEDay View Post
    When you put all the security issues with IE (There were thousands of them over the years) up against the security issues with Firefox (There were a couple, but they update the program pretty quick to fix it). They don't compare. Firefox beats IE hands down....

18.0a2
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    18.0a2
    That is Alpha... I am talking somewhat stable that you can use right now.. :)

Note: I got the security warning again. This time it was while I was trying to read the thread 'For our libertarian Friends' ...

When you compare length in use & mkt share penetration all the sudden the security issues of the evil IE not so bad by comparison eh. The little dogs have the advantage of being able to circumvent & prevent possible security issues because they have already been launched against & fixed by IE in most cases.

I do use chrome but I think in any product comparison pissin' contest the comparisons should be an apples to apples comparison as much as possible.
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

I use FF & Opera as much as possible. I do have one or two critical sites that just will not behave without IE
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    When you compare length in use & mkt share penetration all the sudden the security issues of the evil IE not so bad by comparison eh. The little dogs have the advantage of being able to circumvent & prevent possible security issues because they have already been launched against & fixed by IE in most cases.

I do use chrome but I think in any product comparison pissin' contest the comparisons should be an apples to apples comparison as much as possible.
    When you include the amount of computer illiterate people into the market share, you have the reason it is high.

When you include the amount of computer illiterate people into the market share, you have the reason it is high.
    Naw I ascribe most misconceptions to the people that think they know more than they do

IE mkt share is so high because for yrs they were the only game out there after crushing early competition. People are creatures of familiarity and habit. IE also still garners high ratings for seamless ability of a lot of internet browsing the others lack or are poorer performing .
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

I dont recommend it for anybody else but I use no antivirus other than a free version of malwarebytes and spybot s&d in the background. I use xp and 7. And I use firefox. An older version. But I block all ads and I watch for signs of infection. There are ways and methods you can use to tell if something is trying to infect you. And thats when I drop everything to catch it. I see Wibbins is on a similar track. I prefer to manually do whatever with my pc and mac for the most part. Its been many years since something has managed to get on my pc, but that was when I had no clue and relied on an antivirus. But as I say, I dont recommend my methodology for anybody else.
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

Quote Originally Posted by Janice View Post
    I dont recommend it for anybody else but I use no antivirus other than a free version of malwarebytes and spybot s&d in the background. I use xp and 7. And I use firefox. An older version. But I block all ads and I watch for signs of infection. There are ways and methods you can use to tell if something is trying to infect you. And thats when I drop everything to catch it. I see Wibbins is on a similar track. I prefer to manually do whatever with my pc and mac for the most part. Its been many years since something has managed to get on my pc, but that was when I had no clue and relied on an antivirus. But as I say, I dont recommend my methodology for anybody else.
    I normally don't use an antivirus either. I never did on a windows machine. They are nothing but resource pigs and, at times, cause more problems than they are worth. When a client would insist on using one, I would always recommend the free ones like Avast! or AVG. They are better than the system controlling pigs like norton and mcafee (Plus you don't have to do a reformat to get rid of it all when you try to uninstall it)...

In all the years that I been using and working on computers, I have only ever had one virus and maybe two trojans. Common sense is the best antivirus...