Haven't made this in years and was looking for something tasty, so I made some sauce, braciola and pork neck bones for a treat! \
I wish I had some flank steak but all I had was bottom round, I pounded the snot out of it but it did not get as thin as I would have liked. Oh well.

I made a simple tomato sauce of crushed tomatos, a stick of butter, an onion halved and some fresh basil, put in pot and let simmer.

Braciola:
Peferably flank steak, but you can use top or bottom round pounded thin. Cut into 8 rectangles
8 slices of prosciutto ham

1/2 cup bread crumbs
1/4 cup shredded provolone
1/4 cup shredded mozzarella
1/4 cup shredded parmesan
2 TBSP fresh parsley
Chopped fire roasted red bell peppers
3 cloves minced garlic
2 Tbsp EVOO
1/4 cup Chopped portobello mushrooms and diced onion sweated for abougt 5 minutes, let cool. Mix all ingredients together.
1/2 cup white wine for deglazing

Lay out the pounded beef and start with a slice of proscuitto then a generous portion of the mixture, roll up and secure with toothpicks.
When done, put 2 TBSP Evoo in a pan and brown the braciola on all sides, deglaze with white wine and drop into sauce, cover and simmer for 2 hours. Take off lid and reduce for 1/2 hour and enjoy with some pasta! Ooops, S+P the meat before browning!

Get ready to assemble

The filling

Ready to brown

Can you smell it!?

Thank God Poli is not here! Terrible plating!