Thread: Marathon update

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Marathon update 
    Did a 17 mile training run today and my knee is really mad at me. Last week, I finished a 10 K in 46 minutes. I got second place,,,,,,,,,,,,,behind a girl! Yes, I got "chicked." In my defense, she was 16 years younger than me. I also finished the Rock and Roll Denver full marathon in 3:54. i HAD TWO GOALS; Finish and do it in under 4 hours.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Congratulations for meeting both of your goals. I hope your knees feel better soon-do you have access to a jacuzzi?

Anybody, at ANY age, who finishes a marathon or can run 17 miles is a machine in my book. I hate running but do it to stay in Cardio shape. 5 miles is my limit. 30 -50 minutes of cardio a day is all I really need.

Awesome job. Try to eat some foods that help with inflammation.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Woot! Well done!!!
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    I got second place,,,,,,,,,,,,,behind a girl! In my defense, she was 16 years younger than me.
    In other words "I have to maintain pace behind this girl so I can keep checking out her ass".

Congrats on the successes.
    Be Not Afraid.

Excellent result!

I ran my 13th and last marathon in 1994. The knees just couldn't take it any more. Very respectful time and congratulations!
    U.S. Army, Retired

Wow!

Well done AmPat! ...

And take some Motrin, if you can, for those knees, should help with the inflamation. Endodontist had me take it for my nasty root canal problems, and it did help.
    American By Choice ~ 1980

Thank you all for the kind comments. Knees are happy today. As for checking her out, she was too far in front of me to see, but I'm not above the strategy.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Congratulations for meeting both of your goals. I hope your knees feel better soon-do you have access to a jacuzzi?
    Hot tub and Ranger Candy, aka, Motrin. Knees are better today.
    C. S. Lewis
    Ayn Rand

Congrats, awesome job. I can't even run down the block, but walking a whole lot better now after knee surgery. Just completing a marathon is enviable, let alone coming in second. Wooot!
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

GO CARDS