Thread: An Election Poll that really matters

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    303 to 235 was the final this morning. I still think it's too high.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    303 to 235 was the final this morning. I still think it's too high.
    At this point, you can probably start naming the states to subtract:

303 - Colorado 9 = 294

294 - Virginia 13 = 281

281 - New Hampshire 4 = 277

277 - Iowa 6 = 271

271 - Ohio 18 = 253

Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    At this point, you can probably start naming the states to subtract:

303 - Colorado 9 = 294

294 - Virginia 13 = 281

281 - New Hampshire 4 = 277

277 - Iowa 6 = 271

271 - Ohio 18 = 253
    Virginia is in a bad way going to be one of the keys tonight. Unfortunately I think Obama's got it, because he hasn't been here. He let Biden suck up to crowds yesterday.

NH and IOWA are probably going Romney although the former is debateable.

Romney is not winning Ohio.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

Virginia is in a bad way going to be one of the keys tonight. Unfortunately I think Obama's got it, because he hasn't been here. He let Biden suck up to crowds yesterday.

NH and IOWA are probably going Romney although the former is debateable.

Romney is not winning Ohio.
    I really don't see Virginia going to Obama. First, Rasmussen had Romney up by 2, and he's the most reliable pollster. VA went to Bush twice against Kerry and Gore, and the military vote here is pretty solid. The DC suburbs have seen lower turnout than four years ago, and I don't see much enthusiasm among the Democrats, while the Republicans are fired up. I'd be shocked if Obama pulled this off.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    I really don't see Virginia going to Obama. First, Rasmussen had Romney up by 2, and he's the most reliable pollster. VA went to Bush twice against Kerry and Gore, and the military vote here is pretty solid. The DC suburbs have seen lower turnout than four years ago, and I don't see much enthusiasm among the Democrats, while the Republicans are fired up. I'd be shocked if Obama pulled this off.
    I'm not sure if the military vote is as strong as the left wing bureaucrat lapdogs that live in N. Virgina. Not to mention Yankee transplants and everyone else who's dependant on the Feds for about 3/4 of Virginias jobs. It's going to be close and it's just a prediction. I couldn't believe it in 08 when we went for Obama either.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    We sure tried, but in fairness the more facts that come out about Mittens the more likeable he becomes, he is a man of character and at the very least ten steps up from McCain.
    I completely agree with you. The more he is "caught" in off-air or in private comments, the more I liked him. But then he would go in public and give a speech or his campaign would do a press announcement about his position on something, and I'm like "why would you say that?" And then I don't know what to believe.

Whatever happens, I hope the RNC learns the right lessons from this election.

Quote Originally Posted by m00 View Post
    Whatever happens, I hope the RNC learns the right lessons from this election.
    Agree, because if Romney is soundly defeated, It will send a message not to nominate a third liberal in 16.

Agree, because if Romney is soundly defeated, It will send a message not to nominate a third liberal in 16.
    He won't be. My prediction is that if he's defeated, we'll see a 2000 type thing. I won the popular vote, and lost by a hair on the electoral. It won't be a sound thrashing.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Wellllll..... I'm sure what they will actually say is "we didn't do a good enough job of coaching our selected nominee to act like a conservative in the primaries in such a way that he can walk back from the positions in the general and then act like a centrist but not be called a flip-flopper. lets pick an emptier suit next time that looks more comfortable lying."

But I'm an optimist. :)