Thread: Jelly Belly

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I one day made up my own mixed bag of Jelly Bellies and put in what I thought was either green apple or watermelon(both are a hunter green). I popped one of the green ones in my mouth and almost choked on the flavor. It certainly was not apple or watermelon. It was jalapeno. Someone put the wrong flavor in the wrong bin.
    "Inequality is a false notion propagated by those who are made to feel guilty for what they have by those who are jealous for what they don't"-Former MTV Host Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    I one day made up my own mixed bag of Jelly Bellies and put in what I thought was either green apple or watermelon(both are a hunter green). I popped one of the green ones in my mouth and almost choked on the flavor. It certainly was not apple or watermelon. It was jalapeno. Someone put the wrong flavor in the wrong bin.
    I kept a jar of those on my desk at work all the time. The best days was when I offered them to the boss.
    A friend bought his family by one day and asked if his kids could have some (he had already had his share). Then his mom took the jar and tilted out 3 or 4 and popped them in her mouth before he could stop her.
    Bless her heart, she sucked them down like a trooper while the kids were sputtering.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.

I have a 4 pound jar of assorted Jelly Bellies arriving Saturday.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

I need to try these too.

David's Signature Beyond Gourmet Bacon Jelly Beans

http://www.amazon.com/Davids-Signatu...on+jelly+beans
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Tecate View Post
    Some friends that I play cards with pulled out a giant tub of Jelly Belly assorted flavors from Costco one night and we gave it hell. No one could stop eating them. They are definitely comparable to crack.

The small bags that they sell at the grocery store are quite expensive for what you get. The giant tub is by far a better value.
    The Publix in my old neighborhood had a bulk dispenser where you could get Jelly Bellies in about 30 different flavors. I think it was $2.99/lb., but it's been a while since I was there. I loved it because I could get a whole bag of those awesome cinnamon jelly beans for relatively cheap.

A new Publix opened in my new neighborhood just yesterday. I haven't been in yet, but I'm really hoping that they have the same thing there.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Here is my crack:

Yeah, that'll do it. Particularly the banana and cherry ones. I haven't ever actually tried crushing them up and snorting them, but I've considered it.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Wood View Post
    Yeah, that'll do it. Particularly the banana and cherry ones. I haven't ever actually tried crushing them up and snorting them, but I've considered it.
    I like all the flavors but loved the green apple but they got rid of it and the lime in favor of the raspberry and watermelon(the oblong green ones). Speaking of lime, anyone remember lime Starburst?
    "Inequality is a false notion propagated by those who are made to feel guilty for what they have by those who are jealous for what they don't"-Former MTV Host Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Wood View Post
    The Publix in my old neighborhood had a bulk dispenser where you could get Jelly Bellies in about 30 different flavors. I think it was $2.99/lb., but it's been a while since I was there. I loved it because I could get a whole bag of those awesome cinnamon jelly beans for relatively cheap.

A new Publix opened in my new neighborhood just yesterday. I haven't been in yet, but I'm really hoping that they have the same thing there.
    The Publix here don't have those bulk dispensers of jelly bellies, at least not the smaller ones around our house. SR and I used to stop at several stores in St Louis and treat ourselves to small bags of our favorite flavors. I loved the cinnamon jelly beans. I love those things too much. To tamp down the dental bills, can't have a big 4 pound jar of those things around.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    can't have a big 4 pound jar of those things around.
    I just checked the tracking and it's in Phoenix AZ, getting closer!

Heh, if I want Jelly Belly's, all I have to do is drive an hour north and get them at the source.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf