Thread: Why me?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    I reassigned him tonight to a different department. He needs to cool off.
    Great decision! *Serious smile!*

And bless your boots for coming in. Is helping me to get through the next 40 mins waiting until the debate! ...
    Last edited by ABC in Georgia; 10-22-2012 at 08:27 PM.
    American By Choice ~ 1980

Boy toys are normally younger, more virile males. Not to say older man lack the virility...but it's a term more applied to the younger boys.
    Believe you me Hawk ... they don't!!! ...

I reassigned him tonight to a different department. He needs to cool off.

And the guacamole is delicious, I'm sharing it with everyone, except for him. I told him he can come by before the end of his shift to have some though.

This should straighten him right up.
    Okay, a couple of CYA points here:

First, can the reassignment be construed as a step down for him? If so, document your reasons for making the change, to protect yourself.

Second, if you share the guacamole with him, do not offer to eat it off of any part of his anatomy. It might be misunderstood as an advance.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Okay, a couple of CYA points here:

First, can the reassignment be construed as a step down for him? If so, document your reasons for making the change, to protect yourself.

Second, if you share the guacamole with him, do not offer to eat it off of any part of his anatomy. It might be misunderstood as an advance.
    The reassignment was a one day thing(for now) It wasn't a step down, I just made him work in a different department that needed help due to high volume.

As for the guacamole, it was long gone before he had a chance to try it. I predict more avocados in my future.

One observation I've made, he has many lady friends stop by to ask for him. Hmmmm.

Hawkgirl ...

Put aside all the advice we have given in here for a moment.

The most important thing is for you to find out if he is Conservative or Liberal! ...

The reassignment was a one day thing(for now) It wasn't a step down, I just made him work in a different department that needed help due to high volume.

As for the guacamole, it was long gone before he had a chance to try it. I predict more avocados in my future.

One observation I've made, he has many lady friends stop by to ask for him. Hmmmm.
    That could mean that he's a player, or that women simply like him, which you have already confirmed because, let's face it, you're a woman and you like him. Don't read too much into that. The critical issues are the ones raised about the workplace, your position and his and the second and third order effects on your job. If the reassignment has made dating him safer from that perspective, then you can reevaluate the situation, but don't lose sight of the important thing, which is your career.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    don't lose sight of the important thing, which is your career.
    I wouldn't, it pays my bills. That's the thing..I ALWAYS play it safe and do the right thing when it comes down to it. But flirting is harmless. That's where I shall keep it.

I wouldn't, it pays my bills. That's the thing..I ALWAYS play it safe and do the right thing when it comes down to it. But flirting is harmless. That's where I shall keep it.
    Work is work. I've been very close to a couple co-workers and now we hardly speak. A couple others we ended up in very difficult situations. Work and relationships usually do not work so I tend to run like hell the other way now.

Now at work there is a love fest between two younger location leaders. It's against the rules and it's so obvious I puke a little...