Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 82
  1. #21  
    Ancient Fire Breather Retread's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    I came to Texas as soon as I could
    Posts
    5,288
    I forgot to mention that you would fit right in with our Houston downtown leftists/elitists.
    Last edited by Retread; 10-18-2012 at 10:52 PM.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #22  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Woodland Park, Colorado, United States
    Posts
    8,563
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Liberalism didn't suck so much for you southerners in the 30s and 40s, when we paid to build roads, establish running water and electricity for your states and dragged your asses into the 20th century. I would also say we forced you to ditch Jim Crow, but somehow I get the feeling that you resent that part of it.

    I am not that concerned about there being riots in Detroit. People didn't riot when two white cops beat an unarmed black man to death with their flashlights, people are probably not going to riot if Obama loses.

    I thought the South was known for their hospitality?! I'm pretty sure I'm welcome in Orlando, Atlanta and New Orleans, you know, the places in the South that are actually worth visiting. The rest of the South is just the area you have to drive through to get to those 3 places.
    How very arrogant of you. I suppose that it took you enlightened liberals to "drag" us back woods huckters into the modern era. No Southerners had a say in it or lifted a finger to build those roads? We haven't a clue how to do things ourselves. Why, without you big hearted liberals, we'd all be wearin homespuns and bare foot. Thank you. Thank you for pointing out your superiority at my expense. How very kind and thoughtful.

    As for "worth visiting?" Do you suppose the Smoky Mountains has any allure for such a sophisticate as you and your fellow elites? What about Nashville, Memphis, even Knoxville? Really Nooner, I thought you were better than this.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #23  
    Power CUer NJCardFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    16,139
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    I have been all over the US and Detroit is without a doubt the biggest shit hole I have ever had the misfortune to be in. So I would hold of on too your witty retorts. If they nuked Detroit I'd probably say,"what took you so long"? oh you can thank liberalism for the condition its in now.
    Dude, if you're in Philly, surely you've seen Camden.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #24  
    Ancient Fire Breather Retread's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    I came to Texas as soon as I could
    Posts
    5,288
    Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    How very arrogant of you. I suppose that it took you enlightened liberals to "drag" us back woods huckters into the modern era. No Southerners had a say in it or lifted a finger to build those roads? We haven't a clue how to do things ourselves. Why, without you big hearted liberals, we'd all be wearin homespuns and bare foot. Thank you. Thank you for pointing out your superiority at my expense. How very kind and thoughtful.

    As for "worth visiting?" Do you suppose the Smoky Mountains has any allure for such a sophisticate as you and your fellow elites? What about Nashville, Memphis, even Knoxville? Really Nooner, I thought you were better than this.
    I missed that - consider the Texas invite rescinded. You would still fit in with the elitists downtown but we don't like them either. That's why we live far from away.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #25  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,269
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    If there is massive civil unrest, will obama try to retain power? I am not one of these tin foil hat guys but this guy scares the shit out of me.
    He will in 2016. He already set the stage back when he traced teddy Roosevelt's route. And TR's attempt to return to power is how we ended up with Woodrow Wilson.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #26  
    Senior Member Unreconstructed Reb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    882
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Liberalism didn't suck so much for you southerners in the 30s and 40s, when we paid to build roads, establish running water and electricity for your states and dragged your asses into the 20th century. I would also say we forced you to ditch Jim Crow, but somehow I get the feeling that you resent that part of it.
    You can go to hell. Your yankee war on the South, the yankee theft of Southern wealth and reconstruction more than paid for anything that you stinking yankees claim that you 'gave us'. And as far as Jim Crow, you stupid witch, there isn't a more racist group of people in the whole world than white yankees and I can say this from having lived near Detroit and having once been married to girl from New Jersey. Like most yankees, you're dumb as a bag of hammers.

    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I am not that concerned about there being riots in Detroit. People didn't riot when two white cops beat an unarmed black man to death with their flashlights, people are probably not going to riot if Obama loses.
    Dumbass.


    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I thought the South was known for their hospitality?!
    We're hospitable to a point. But you yankees, especially you libtards, have a tendency to get under our skins really quick.

    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I'm pretty sure I'm welcome in Orlando, Atlanta and New Orleans, you know, the places in the South that are actually worth visiting. The rest of the South is just the area you have to drive through to get to those 3 places.
    I'm actually glad you think that way. No chance of you stopping in my little corner of paradise except to top your 0bamamobile off with fuel and move on.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that you won't need it until they try to take it away."---Thomas Jefferson

    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #27  
    Senior Member Unreconstructed Reb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    882
    Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    How very arrogant of you. I suppose that it took you enlightened liberals to "drag" us back woods huckters into the modern era. No Southerners had a say in it or lifted a finger to build those roads? We haven't a clue how to do things ourselves. Why, without you big hearted liberals, we'd all be wearin homespuns and bare foot. Thank you. Thank you for pointing out your superiority at my expense. How very kind and thoughtful.

    As for "worth visiting?" Do you suppose the Smoky Mountains has any allure for such a sophisticate as you and your fellow elites? What about Nashville, Memphis, even Knoxville? Really Nooner, I thought you were better than this.
    I don't know why you older CU'ers think so highly of this noonwicth. She's just a radical leftie elitist and her true leftie prejudices came out in that post to me.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that you won't need it until they try to take it away."---Thomas Jefferson

    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #28  
    Senior Member obx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    KIll Devil Hills, N.C.
    Posts
    1,232
    Face it Reb. The War of Northern Aggression has never really ended. I see it all during tourist season. I was at a pig picking one year and a yankee was telling me how backward and stupid Southerners were and then he asked me how much lettuce it took to make coleslaw. Hell, most of them still think the War was over slavery.You know why they like to come down South? TO GET AWAY FROM ALL THOSE YANKEES!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #29  
    Power CUer noonwitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Warren, MI
    Posts
    12,681
    Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    How very arrogant of you. I suppose that it took you enlightened liberals to "drag" us back woods huckters into the modern era. No Southerners had a say in it or lifted a finger to build those roads? We haven't a clue how to do things ourselves. Why, without you big hearted liberals, we'd all be wearin homespuns and bare foot. Thank you. Thank you for pointing out your superiority at my expense. How very kind and thoughtful.

    As for "worth visiting?" Do you suppose the Smoky Mountains has any allure for such a sophisticate as you and your fellow elites? What about Nashville, Memphis, even Knoxville? Really Nooner, I thought you were better than this.
    I was responding in kind to someone else's comments.


    Hell, we wouldn't have such a thing as "American cusine" if it wasn't for the south.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #30  
    SEAduced SuperMod Hawkgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    4,061
    Quote Originally Posted by obx View Post
    Face it Reb. The War of Northern Aggression has never really ended. I see it all during tourist season. I was at a pig picking one year and a yankee was telling me how backward and stupid Southerners were and then he asked me how much lettuce it took to make coleslaw. Hell, most of them still think the War was over slavery.You know why they like to come down South? TO GET AWAY FROM ALL THOSE YANKEES!
    Yankees are in their own little world. They believe the world revolves around them and that everyone is stupid, except for them. They are also the most racist people you'll ever meet. The libs up there would not set foot in a black neighborhood. NY is still to this day very segregated.
    There is a neighborhood for every ethnic group. When "black people" start moving in their neighborhoods, they start to move out. They all claim to love the blacks, but don't you dare move one next to thier house. They are the usual lib hypocrits.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •