Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I thought the South was known for their hospitality?! I'm pretty sure I'm welcome in Orlando, Atlanta and New Orleans, you know, the places in the South that are actually worth visiting. The rest of the South is just the area you have to drive through to get to those 3 places.
    Trust me, you'd bew welcome. We might look at you funny, 'til we figure out who you are.

It's funny, those are the three places that the rest of us drive around to get where we're going.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Liberalism didn't suck so much for you southerners in the 30s and 40s, when we paid to build roads, establish running water and electricity for your states and dragged your asses into the 20th century. I would also say we forced you to ditch Jim Crow, but somehow I get the feeling that you resent that part of it.

I am not that concerned about there being riots in Detroit. People didn't riot when two white cops beat an unarmed black man to death with their flashlights, people are probably not going to riot if Obama loses.

I thought the South was known for their hospitality?! I'm pretty sure I'm welcome in Orlando, Atlanta and New Orleans, you know, the places in the South that are actually worth visiting. The rest of the South is just the area you have to drive through to get to those 3 places.
    I have been all over the US and Detroit is without a doubt the biggest shit hole I have ever had the misfortune to be in. So I would hold of on too your witty retorts. If they nuked Detroit I'd probably say,"what took you so long"? oh you can thank liberalism for the condition its in now.
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Well if the worst happened and what Sowell is afraid of happened, I think you'd find only the black areas of the country "burning".

I don't know about other states but when I was going for my CC permit the room was filled with quite a few older folks, a lot of them female. Any rioters are going to be in for a BIG surprise if they start torching areas outside their home turf. At least here in Florida.

I'd let them riot all they want as long as they stay out of my neighborhood. You come into my subdivision with evil intent and you are
    going to be "greeted" by a wall of .223 (among other sizes) of lead.

Thankfully, I doubt it will come to this.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Southern Liberals in the 40's, 50's, 60's were racists members of the KKK holding secret meetings in the fields while they burned crosses and killed black people.

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....
    _ WELFARE IS NOT AN ENTITLEMENT! _

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    I have been all over the US and Detroit is without a doubt the biggest shit hole I have ever had the misfortune to be in. So I would hold of on too your witty retorts. If they nuked Detroit I'd probably say,"what took you so long"? oh you can thank liberalism for the condition its in now.
    You obviously haven't been to Cleveland.

Racism has a lot to do with how Detroit ended up this way-racism, specifically racist police actions, led to the riots, the riots led to the white flight, the white flight led to the abandonment of the city by business and manufacturing. Once the tax base was gone, the city slowly crumbled to what it is today.

I don't live in the city anymore, but I live just over the border and I work in the city. People can joke about nuking Detroit, letting it burn down, or whatever terrible thing you declare that you wouldn't care about if it happened, but there are still 700,000 people living there-old people, children, working people, taxpayers, voters. If terrorists hit the city and offed hundreds of thousands of Americans, including the gang bangers, drug addicts, homeless, welfare recipients, and so on, I'm pretty sure that even the most conservative posters here would still want to make the terrorists responsible pay for attacking an American city and killing American citizens.

I love Detroit, in the way that God has called me to love Detroit since I was a little kid and would come here from Grand Rapids to visit relatives and go to Tiger games. It's a hard place, and most people write off the city and most of it's residents.

I have family who live in Detroit (They live in Deerfield). They can't wait to get out. The only reason why they are there is because the ones mother lives there. They constantly tell me about how much of cesspool is it.

It is dirty, run down, empty, high crime, high murder, high drug, high unemployment, high low income housing, high black population, high muslim population (Deerborn).

From hearing about it, I would say that Detroit and Cleveland are the most run down cities in the country.

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....
    _ WELFARE IS NOT AN ENTITLEMENT! _

Quote Originally Posted by LukeEDay View Post
    I have family who live in Detroit (They live in Deerfield). They can't wait to get out. The only reason why they are there is because the ones mother lives there. They constantly tell me about how much of cesspool is it.

It is dirty, run down, empty, high crime, high murder, high drug, high unemployment, high low income housing, high black population, high muslim population (Deerborn).

From hearing about it, I would say that Detroit and Cleveland are the most run down cities in the country.

Deerfield is a long way from Detroit. It's in Livingston County, a place where most black Detroiters won't even stop to get gas. The klan was strong there until around the year 2000.

Quote Originally Posted by Unreconstructed Reb View Post
    ............ And you're not welcome down South.................
    You can come to Texas noonie and join those other thousands of MI folks who came back in the late 70's and early 80's.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Well if the worst happened and what Sowell is afraid of happened, I think you'd find only the black areas of the country "burning".

I don't know about other states but when I was going for my CC permit the room was filled with quite a few older folks, a lot of them female. Any rioters are going to be in for a BIG surprise if they start torching areas outside their home turf. At least here in Florida.

I'd let them riot all they want as long as they stay out of my neighborhood. You come into my subdivision with evil intent and you are
    going to be "greeted" by a wall of .223 (among other sizes) of lead.

Thankfully, I doubt it will come to this.
    Most Floridians are armed. We just had a guy come in with bullets to his entire body when he tried to burglarize an older man's home. He and his 2 other friends got shot. The other two escaped and injuries weren't as bad as this guy. He is now booked in the Organ Donor slot of the OR.

You obviously haven't been to Cleveland.

Racism has a lot to do with how Detroit ended up this way-racism, specifically racist police actions, led to the riots, the riots led to the white flight, the white flight led to the abandonment of the city by business and manufacturing. Once the tax base was gone, the city slowly crumbled to what it is today.

You could have left out the racist police part and just accept the bolded part. That's what is happening to all cities now. It happened in Detroit first.