Thread: Thomas Sowell - Race Riots if Obama Loses

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post

It's funny, those are the three places that the rest of us drive around to get where we're going.
    Isn't that the truth! IN 1986 when I drove back from California, New Orleans was on the list of places I would spend the night and visit. Last summer going to and from California and again when planning my sister's final trip to California, New Orleans was high on the list of places where it was important to get on the bypass. It's not that I hate New Orleans, it's just that it really isn't enjoyable enough to take time out from a long trip. I suppose it would be fun to go there with a group of friends, but certainly not with children in tow.

Atlanta, on the other hand, has apparently changed too much. When I was a child, my dad would take us there for his own nostalgia and I remember it being beautiful. Last summer I was there, granted it was cloudy and raining, and it looked rather colorless and industrial; not to mention that the traffic was awful even in Roswell where I was staying.

Orlando was a nice town before Disney. Now it's crap.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    Nobody retires to the North! So please, when you Yankees move to the South, please check your arrogance at the Mason-Dixon line and your great ideas and politics behind. You left there after screwing everything up, remember?
    Amazingly, some do. There are some insane people whose idea of heaven is to be trapped in an A-frame with a gas fireplace overlooking a lake with water so cold that it will kill you at various speeds anytime during the year. There are people who love wearing four layers of clothes, and spending all day cooking because it's too cold to do anything else. We call them alcoholics.

Northerners in general drink more than Southerners.

http://gantdaily.com/2011/11/17/drin...-high-in-2010/

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    Nobody retires to the North! So please, when you Yankees move to the South, please check your arrogance at the Mason-Dixon line and your great ideas and politics behind. You left there after screwing everything up, remember?
    Certainly where I'm retiring to. Northwest Michigan will be home when the AF is done with me.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Amazingly, some do. There are some insane people whose idea of heaven is to be trapped in an A-frame with a gas fireplace overlooking a lake with water so cold that it will kill you at various speeds anytime during the year. There are people who love wearing four layers of clothes, and spending all day cooking because it's too cold to do anything else. We call them alcoholics.

Northerners in general drink more than Southerners.

http://gantdaily.com/2011/11/17/drin...-high-in-2010/
    We can also drive better then you folks who piss yourselves at the site of snow.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

Senior Member Unreconstructed Reb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    We can also drive better then you folks who piss yourselves at the site of snow.
    I'm throwing the bullshit flag on that. I'm a native Southerner and I took a job in Michigan once and spent about 4 years up there and I found out quickly that most of you yankee turds can't drive in the snow worth a damn. I guess you just think that you can drive in the snow because you're about half hammered all the time. Sure, you got snowy roads but they salt the shit out of them up there and for most of the state if you run off the road you just slide into a cornfield. Try driving on a snowy, narrow road in the Blue Ridge Mountains sometime where if you make a mistake and slide off the road it's a long, long way until that sudden stop with little chance of survival. These mountain roads would have you pissing yourself even without snow.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that you won't need it until they try to take it away."---Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by Unreconstructed Reb View Post
    I'm throwing the bullshit flag on that. I'm a native Southerner and I took a job in Michigan once and spent about 4 years up there and I found out quickly that most of you yankee turds can't drive in the snow worth a damn. I guess you just think that you can drive in the snow because you're about half hammered all the time. Sure, you got snowy roads but they salt the shit out of them up there and for most of the state if you run off the road you just slide into a cornfield. Try driving on a snowy, narrow road in the Blue Ridge Mountains sometime where if you make a mistake and slide off the road it's a long, long way until that sudden stop with little chance of survival. These mountain roads would have you pissing yourself even without snow.
    Just because everyone was swerving to avoid you, doesn't make them bad drivers. My time in South Carolina taught me that your Drivers Ed teaching you to speed up when the roads get icy, as opposed to slow down.

Just because everyone was swerving to avoid you, doesn't make them bad drivers. My time in South Carolina taught me that your Drivers Ed teaching you to speed up when the roads get icy, as opposed to slow down.
    Being bad drivers makes them bad drivers and being drunk all the time makes them worse.

Where in SC and for how long?
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that you won't need it until they try to take it away."---Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by Unreconstructed Reb View Post
    Being bad drivers makes them bad drivers and being drunk all the time makes them worse.

Where in SC and for how long?
    Sumter, 1.5 years. Couldn't get out of that place fast enough.

Sumter, 1.5 years. Couldn't get out of that place fast enough.
    We wish all you yankees felt that way...............

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Fabulous Poster
    It snows in most of the South; some places regularly, some places every ten years. Of course, what we considered snowfall when I was a kid was rather sad. I remember one year my dad and the other dads at the Elks Club actually shoveled snow onto what passed for a hill, so the kids could sled. We went right down the hill and into the water trap on the golf course, which was barely frozen, and got all wet. Dads and kids were all in trouble with the moms that day. The best kind of snow is when it snows like hell Christmas Eve, and there is a good foot of snow in the morning and then it's 70F. That was 1964.