Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Iran leader says 'American empire' near collapse 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    — Iran's president accused "a few bullying powers" of trying to thwart his country's peaceful nuclear program and declared in a speech Tuesday before the U.N. General Assembly that "the American empire" is nearing collapse.

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad sharply attacked the United States and NATO, accusing them of acting as aggressors in Iraq and Afghanistan, and of starting those wars "in order to win votes in elections."

"American empire in the world is reaching the end of its road, and its next rulers must limit their interference to their own borders," Ahmadinejad said.

In a highly rhetorical speech, the Iranian leader again criticized archenemy Israel and showed no sign of reaching out to Western powers at the U.N., where the United States and its European allies are seeking a new round of sanctions if no agreement is reached on limiting Iran's nuclear capabilities.

Some worry that Israel or the U.S. might resort to military strikes if they believe all diplomatic options have been exhausted.

While the U.S. and its allies allege Iran wants to develop its uranium enrichment program to make nuclear weapons, Tehran insists it is designed to produce electricity for civilian use — a position Ahmadinejad reiterated Tuesday.

"A few bullying powers have sought to put hurdles in the way of the peaceful nuclear activities of the Iranian nation by exerting political and economic pressures against Iran and also through threatening and pressuring the IAEA," the U.N. nuclear watchdog.

Iran already is under three sets of sanctions by the U.N. Security Council for refusing to suspend uranium enrichment. Washington and its Western allies are pushing for quick passage of a fourth set of sanctions to underline the international community's resolve, but are likely to face opposition from Russia.

As in past years, the United States only had a low-level note-taker sitting in a rear seat reserved for the U.S. delegation, said Richard Grenell, spokesman for the U.S. Mission to the United Nations.

On Tuesday, Ahmadinejad also lashed out at Israel, saying "the Zionist regime is on a definite slope to collapse, and there is no way for it to get out of the cesspool created by itself and its supporters."

The Iranian president is feared and reviled in Israel because of his repeated calls to wipe the Jewish state off the map, and his aggressive pursuit of nuclear technology has only fueled Israel's fears.

He said that six years after Saddam Hussein's regime was ousted in Iraq, "the occupiers are still there."

"Millions have been killed or displaced, and the occupiers, without a sense of shame, are still seeking to solidify their position in the ... region and to dominate oil resources," Ahmadinejad said.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5i...wBNTgD93CMVM80

"American empire in the world is reaching the end of its road, and its next rulers must limit their interference to their own borders," Ahmadinejad said.

:eek: Hell, that's almost rational.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

gator
    Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post

:eek: Hell, that's almost rational.
    I listen to his speech yesterday and he was a lot more rational than most Americans would like to admit.

He talked about God and I heard nothing he said that was disturbing to me.

He talked about Israel being the real aggressors in the Middle East with their nuclear weapons and their brutal tactics and I agree with that.

He talked about how American dimwit politicians fall all over themselves trying to kiss the ass of the pro Israel lobby and I agree with that.

He talked about the Americans invaded Iraq for no good reason and I agree with that. I still don’t have a clue why we invaded Iraq.

We have no business in Middle East politics other than buying oil. Let those bastards over there fight it out among themselves. We need to take care of our own business.

I think non Interventionist like me will get our wish soon. We are going bankrupt in this country for a variety of reasons and soon we will not be able to afford to guarantee the security of every little Tom, Dick and David in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by gator View Post
    I listen to his speech yesterday and he was a lot more rational than most Americans would like to admit.

He talked about God and I heard nothing he said that was disturbing to me.

He talked about Israel being the real aggressors in the Middle East with their nuclear weapons and their brutal tactics and I agree with that.

He talked about how American dimwit politicians fall all over themselves trying to kiss the ass of the pro Israel lobby and I agree with that.

He talked about the Americans invaded Iraq for no good reason and I agree with that. I still don’t have a clue why we invaded Iraq.

We have no business in Middle East politics other than buying oil. Let those bastards over there fight it out among themselves. We need to take care of our own business.

I think non Interventionist like me will get our wish soon. We are going bankrupt in this country for a variety of reasons and soon we will not be able to afford to guarantee the security of every little Tom, Dick and David in the world.
    ...........Or perhaps our own ?

Have you read any of Faust or Dialogues with the Devil .
    ...............Beware of agreeing with evil even against your enemies !

Faust:

While three archangels were singing in praise of God’s lofty works, Mephistopheles appeared and said that he thought conditions on earth to be bad. The Lord tacitly agreed that human beings had their weaknesses but pointed out that His servant Faust could not be swayed from the path of righteousness. Mephistopheles made a wager with the Lord that Faust could be tempted from his faithful service.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~

Dialog With the Devil---Who Stays and Who Goes (or Downsizing in Heaven)

God sits on His throne contemplating the condition of our world and is dissappointed.

"Well, the day has come and a cut-back has got to be made and I need to make a decision now. Beelzebub heads up the list on my ticket. No question he's out. But how many others?-that's the question. Just looking down the list; I'd say he has some hundred or so followers-from Abaddon, the destroyer, to Zepar, the Grand Duke of demon soldiers.'

"God's been watching me closely all day; I just wonder what He's got up that big sleeve of His. It can't be good. There have been rumors of a cut-back. Why do I have a feeling He's lining me up in the cross-hairs? Sure we don't see eye-to-eye; He thinks I'm too flashy, too self-serving, too proud. Look at Him sitting there in all His glory. Hey, I do my job. I keep the dissenters in line. Maybe I do use unorthodox methods, but what the Hey; they work.Well, He may be in for a big surprise-I won't go down without a fight! And besides, I have plenty of backers who will stick by me. If I go, they would go. Who would do His dirty work then?"

http://searchwarp.com/swa343774.htm

gator
    Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    Have you read any of Faust or Dialogues with the Devil .
    ...............Beware of agreeing with evil even against your enemies !
    There are lots of devils in the world. We even call some of these devils our friend when it suits us to do so.

The Middle East is full of devils. In fact I know of no angels unless you would count all the little children that die because of the wars.

My position is really simple. Fuck all the devils. Let them fight it out among themselves without my money or the blood of my fellow Americans. Right now Americans need to be looking after themselves and stop worrying about conflicts that have nothing to do with our own security.

There are lots of devils in the world. We even call some of these devils our friend when it suits us to do so.

The Middle East is full of devils. In fact I know of no angels unless you would count all the little children that die because of the wars.

My position is really simple. Fuck all the devils. Let them fight it out among themselves without my money or the blood of my fellow Americans. Right now Americans need to be looking after themselves and stop worrying about conflicts that have nothing to do with our own security.
    Well then it's very simple.When they next attack us with a Radioactive debris bomb or some Atomic, Bacterial or Chemical device in DownTown West Palm or Miami we'll just look the other way ?

Well then it's very simple.When they next attack us with a Radioactive debris bomb or some Atomic, Bacterial or Chemical device in DownTown West Palm or Miami we'll just look the other way ?
    Given the money we're spending for security, please eplain the mechanics of how that would happen, exactly.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

gator
    So you want to kill them all? You want to attack Iran now? How about Syria? How about Jordan? How abut the Sudan? How about Pakistan? How about Lebanon? How about Somalia? How about Libya? Where does the list stop? I guess Iraq wasn’t enough.

How many people do we have to kill in order to be safe?

Almost anybody in the world can develop a nuke or bio weapons nowadays.

Don't you think the smart thing for us to do is get out of the business of pissing off a billion people by taking sides in a conflict that has nothing to do with our own security?

How about thinking a little bit for a change?

Like I give a shit what Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has to say. Fuck him.

You think American politicians have an agenda? Multiply it by a factor of infinity and you have this dick.
    Be Not Afraid.

So you want to kill them all? You want to attack Iran now? How about Syria? How about Jordan? How abut the Sudan? How about Pakistan? How about Lebanon? How about Somalia? How about Libya? How about the Sudan? Where does the list stop? I guess Iraq wasn’t enough.

How many people do we have to kill in order to be safe?

Almost anybody in the world can develop a nuke or bio weapons nowadays.

Don't you think the smart thing for us to do is get out of the business of pissing off a billion people by taking sides in a conflict that has nothing to do with our own security?

How about thinking a little bit for a change?
    My thinking is just fine old fella and my mind is every bit as sharp as your own !

Your own bitterness has obviously clouded your thinking and dimmed your world view .

If an very large group of mad Arabs are willing to die to destroy us what should we do ,bury our heads in our asses ?

Gator I didn't say to kill them all !We need to be pro active to protect ourselves.These critters hate us and will stop at nothing to destroy our country any way they can.They have little real power so far but they have many camp followers willing to do anything to hurt us.

If they can score a psychological victory by exploding a 'dirty bomb' or by releasing some plague they will in a heart beat .

"Almost anybody in the world can develop a nuke or bio weapons nowadays."
    ..............Wrong .

The technology is somewhat known but the specialized equipment needed is hard to come by.A 'Dirty bomb' is much easier to acquire and is somewhat effective for propaganda purposes.
    The French truck spent radioactive nuclear fuel all over their country and sooner or later someone will steal some !