Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    gator
    Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    [SIZE="3"]
    Gator I didn't say to kill them all !We need to be pro active to protect ourselves.
    Have you ever thought that the best way to be "proactive" is just to get out of the business of intervening in the affairs of other countries? Our Founding Fathers suggested that a long time ago.

Now that the Cold War is over what business do we really have in the Middle East that is vital to our security other than buying oil?

If we are going to kill many people, spend trillions of dollars, cause the deaths of thousands of our people and piss of a billion people don't you think it needs to be because we are really threaten and not just to produce a few blue fingers and protect the millionaires in Israel?

The bastards in the Middle East may or may not leave us alone if we just mind our own business. However, we do know for certain that they won’t leave us alone if we continue to supply weapons and support to Israel. We know they won’t leave us alone if we invade and kill tens of thousands of them.

Don’t you think it is time to rethink the stupidly of the last 40 years? The same stupidly that led us to 911 and to a war that we can’t even justify in terms of America’s security?

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by gator View Post
    Have you ever thought that the best way to be "proactive" is just to get out of the business of intervening in the affairs of other countries? Our Founding Fathers suggested that a long time ago.

Now that the Cold War is over what business do we really have in the Middle East that is vital to our security other than buying oil?

If we are going to kill many people, spend trillions of dollars, cause the deaths of thousands of our people and piss of a billion people don't you think it needs to be because we are really threaten and not just to produce a few blue fingers and protect the millionaires in Israel?

The bastards in the Middle East may or may not leave us alone if we just mind our own business. However, we do know for certain that they won’t leave us alone if we continue to supply weapons and support to Israel. We know they won’t leave us alone if we invade and kill tens of thousands of them.

Don’t you think it is time to rethink the stupidly of the last 40 years? The same stupidly that led us to 911 and to a war that we can’t even justify in terms of America’s security?
    There's no point in continuing to debate you .You have reached the point of no return in your hatred and these circular debates go nowhere !

There's no point in continuing to debate you .You have reached the point of no return in your hatred and these circular debates go nowhere !
    A wise decision. Some old dogs, particularly rabid ones, cannot be taught new tricks.
    “When the doctor is out, I’m in.”

gator
    It is a "circular debate" for you because I have the moral and intellectual high ground that was espoused by our Founding Fathers. The high ground of non Interventionism, which is a basic American and Conservative tenant.

I am all for fighting when it is necessary. Forty years of interventionism in the Middle East was not necessary.

We could walk away from intervening in the politics of the Middle East tomorrow and we would be better off for it. Our people would stop dying, we would have a lot more money and we would be more focused on our own country’s well being instead of making sure that some Middle East assholes live well.

Quote Originally Posted by gator View Post
    I listen to his speech yesterday and he was a lot more rational than most Americans would like to admit.

That is wrong on so many levels. Not trying to hijack.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahmoud_Ahmadinejad

Prior to becoming president, Ahmadinejad served as mayor of Tehran, the governor general of Ardabil Province, and served in the Iran–Iraq War as a member of Army of the Guardians of the Islamic Revolution.
    he called for Israel to be "wiped off the map," though the interpretation of this quote is disputed.[15][16] He has also been condemned for describing the Holocaust as a myth,[15][17] which has led to accusations of anti-semitism.[18] In response to these criticisms, Ahmadinejad said “No, I am not anti-Jew, I respect them very much.”[19]
    Now, unlike possibly others in the third world, I ever much doubt he doesn't know a holocaust happened. I'm sure he had a chance to be educated.

The government routinely tortures and mistreats detained dissidents
    Responses to dissent have varied. Human Rights Watch writes that "[t]he Ahmadinejad government, in a pronounced shift from the policy under former president Mohammed Khatami, has shown no tolerance for peaceful protests and gatherings."
    In April 2007, the Tehran police, which is under Khamenei's supervision, began a crackdown on women with "improper hijab." This led to criticism from associates of Ahmadinejad.[67]
    And it's okay to have a policy executing homosexuals because there are no homosexuals in Iran. :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_3RUwAJ_MI

Rational? No.