Thread: So, no Romney men have ever served in the military? That is disgusting.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Then of course you would remember when in '88 the left jumped all over Quayle's deferment but couldn't wait to suck Clinton's dick when he admitted he was a draft dodger. Liberals and hypocrisy are one and the same.
    And 2004 proved that one can be a decorated war veteran, and the republicans will then question his service record.

Both sides have been stupid about candidate's military service.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    And 2004 proved that one can be a decorated war veteran, and the republicans will then question his service record.

Decorated war veteran? You talking about John 'F'n' Kerry? He isn't a decorated war veteran. He is a traitorous scumbag who is also a fake war hero that committed treason and should have been shot!

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....
    _ WELFARE IS NOT AN ENTITLEMENT! _

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post

you do remember that most of his service mates have a low opinion about his "service", the man did anything he can to get the 3 purple hearts so he could ship out of VN
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly

I can remember when Kerry was running. He went to Iraq to visit the troops to try and show his love for them. While there, only about 50 actually went to see him. The rest spat on his shoes. He is a scum bag.

His war record is what turned a lot of people off of him. The only ones who still supported him are the same stupid ones who still support obama.

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....
    _ WELFARE IS NOT AN ENTITLEMENT! _

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    you do remember that most of his service mates have a low opinion about his "service", the man did anything he can to get the 3 purple hearts so he could ship out of VN
    That's true, he should have served honorably, like Bush.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    That's true, he should have served honorably, like Bush.
    Nova, leave it alone. There was nothing dishonorable about serving in the ANG. They were being shipped over to Vietnam as well. 8 full ANG groups were activated and sent to Vietnam. That's by no means a small amount of Air Power. 8 fighter groups of our current forces would be enough to combat just about any country in this world today. Trying to knock his service in the ANG is attacking the service of everyone in the ANG and AFR who served during the war.

And John Kerry joined the Naval Reserves as well. He didn't go active either. Just his luck he got picked to be activated.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

The majority of the "he never served " crowd have never served their damn selves. The USA being an all Volunteer Military since "74/'75 the veterans status of a politician is a moot point as long as the service was honorable in nature.

As to Reserve or National Guard duty in Vietnam Reservists KIA: 5,977 National Guard: 6,140 served; 101 died.

25% of US forces in Nam were draftees.
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Nova, leave it alone. There was nothing dishonorable about serving in the ANG. They were being shipped over to Vietnam as well. 8 full ANG groups were activated and sent to Vietnam. That's by no means a small amount of Air Power. 8 fighter groups of our current forces would be enough to combat just about any country in this world today. Trying to knock his service in the ANG is attacking the service of everyone in the ANG and AFR who served during the war.

And John Kerry joined the Naval Reserves as well. He didn't go active either. Just his luck he got picked to be activated.
    I have not seen where anyone has criticized Bush for serving in the ANG. The criticisms stem from some of aspects of his service considered irregular and privileged. As such, the issue and commentary has nothing whatsoever to do with anyone else in the ANG as a group other than anyone who may have done his father political favors. Is it your position that military personnel have never done unacceptable favors for powerful and connected people?

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    I have not seen where anyone has criticized Bush for serving in the ANG. The criticisms stem from some of aspects of his service considered irregular and privileged. As such, the issue and commentary has nothing whatsoever to do with anyone else in the ANG as a group other than anyone who may have done his father political favors. Is it your position that military personnel have never done unacceptable favors for powerful and connected people?
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

My grandpa served. My dad served. His brothers served. My brother served. My nephew serves. I couldn't serve due to asthma. (I still looked into serving, though.) No chickenhawks in my family.