View Poll Results: When you go shopping.......?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm male, and I shop strictly with a list.

2 16.67%
  • I'm female, and I shop strictly with a list.

0 0%
  • I'm male, and I shop strictly with a list but impulse buy sale items.

6 50.00%
  • I'm female, and I shop strictly with a list but impulse buy sale items.

3 25.00%
  • I'm male, and I usually impulse buy.

1 8.33%
  • I'm female, and I usually impulse buy.

0 0%
  • I'm male, and I never impulse buy.

1 8.33%
  • I'm female, and I never impulse buy.

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
  1. #1 How do you shop........? 
    I cringe every time my wife takes the checkbook, and goes shopping. So what is your shopping style?

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Senior Member Unreconstructed Reb's Avatar
    90% online.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that you won't need it until they try to take it away."---Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by Unreconstructed Reb View Post
    90% online.
    Me too for the big ticket items, but I'm thinking the grocery store, Walmart, etc.

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Banned
    I'm a list maker but if I see something on sale that I need/want, I will buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by marv View Post
    Me too for the big ticket items, but I'm thinking the grocery store, Walmart, etc.
    I go when there is something I specifically need/want, and have an idea of what I'm going to get. And then maybe I impulse buy 5%-25% on top of that depending on how hungry I am. Solution is to eat before I go grocery shopping. :)

Power CUer
    I have a dollar limit BEFORE I go in. I add prices in my head and make sure I'm within a few cents of my limit.

I usually go with a list, or at least buy pretty much the same things at the Amish fruit and veggie places. At Publix, I go strictly off the list of sale items, then fill in with a few items that I know that we need.

Last week we had a mission (at least I did). SR just went along with it. I was looking for an area rug, 8 x 10, that had a contemporary feel to it. The most important thing was it had to be inexpensive. I was amazed that I found something at the place that I thought would be most expensive. I was absolutely shocked when the salesman actually helped us when I told him to steer us to the cheap rug section.

I explained that our greyhound, Darlene, has had problems in the past and had ruined a Karistan area rug. Nothing has truly gotten out the spots, and it's too small for the room. I think he's heard it before when I said that she can ruin a good rug or a cheap rug. I have less pain throwing out the cheap rug.

My son said he had gotten a cheap rug at Lowe's (it looks expensive), but ours was $25 less than his. They had to order it, and we still haven't gotten it yet. SR will take pics when we get it. After 7 years, I think that we got our money worth out of that Karastan rug. It, too, was on sale or I would have been more upset with Darlene.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

I have menus and meals planned in my head before I start to shop. If something is on sale that I normally use I might stock up on it. Most of what I buy is already on sale in the first place.

I'm pretty conservative when shopping.

Quote Originally Posted by marv View Post
    I cringe every time my wife takes the checkbook, and goes shopping. So what is your shopping style?
    My wife, since getting into couponing, is a more conservative shopper than I. She makes a list and does not deviate from it because any deviation from the list will screw up her system.
    Deplorably Proud To Be An American