Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Has anyone else noticed that the "keep Christ in Christmas" folks.... 
    Fabulous Poster
    You know, those people who get theys panties in a knot over "Happy Holidays".... are now sporting signs on they houses and churches that say, 'Happy Harvest" or "Harvest Festival Oct. 31 for the entire fambly"?

I say Keep All Hallows (and fairytale princesses, and astronauts, and vampires, and grim reapers and zombies....) in Halloween.

Are you serious?

Do they still think Halloween is a demonic holiday?

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    You know, those people who get theys panties in a knot over "Happy Holidays".... are now sporting signs on they houses and churches that say, 'Happy Harvest" or "Harvest Festival Oct. 31 for the entire fambly"?

I say Keep All Hallows (and fairytale princesses, and astronauts, and vampires, and grim reapers and zombies....) in Halloween.
    Nope and don't really care that you've noticed either.

That you try to make something out of this, in an effort to try and make Christians tired of Christmas getting taken out of everything by religious bigots like you out to be hypocrites, is not surprising.

Zero bongs on the bouncy ball scale.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    Nope and don't really care that you've noticed either.

That you try to make something out of this, in an effort to try and make Christians tired of Christmas getting taken out of everything by religious bigots like you out to be hypocrites, is not surprising.

Zero bongs on the bouncy ball scale.
    The part that makes them out for the fools they are, is that Christmas is alive and well and barely scratched by its encounter with our secular and atheistic (by some Judeo/Christian/Islamic standards) society. Walmart already has its Christmas stuff on display, every bit of it made in atheistic China. Baby Jesus is stamped "Made in China". http://www.alibaba.com/showroom/baby-jesus-statue.html

Compare
    resin baby Jesus statue
    Min. Order: 1000 Pieces
    FOB Price: US $1.50-3.00 / Piece
    polyresin christian crafts:polyresin holy mary statue,resin Jesus,resin nativity sets,resin Catholic sculpture,resin Joseph....
    Type: Statue
    Category: Gifts & Crafts | Resin Crafts
    RelatedKeywords: Polyresin Catholic Statue | Polyresin Religious Crafts | Polyresin Jesus Figurine

Xiamen Wellken Trading Co., Ltd.
    [ Manufacturer ]
    China (Mainland)
    Contact Supplier
    Contact Information

Compare
    Chirst child statue;Baby Jesus statue;Infant Jesus statue
    Min. Order: 2 Cartons
    chirst child statue
    1.vivid looking and top-grade
    2.high quality with low price
    3.holiday gift,home decoration...
    Category: Gifts & Crafts | Resin Crafts
    RelatedKeywords: Chirst Child Statue | Baby Jesus | Infant Jesus Statue

Chunhua Arts Co., Ltd. Yiwu
    [ Manufacturer, Business Service ]
    China (Mainland)
    Contact Supplier
    Contact Information

Compare

And this has absolutely nothing to do with the war on Christmas and everything to do with letting your inner intolerant bigot loose on the general population.

You know damn well what you posted has nothing to do with the real issues of the whole Christmas kerfuffle.

Bigot.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Worst. Troll Thread. Ever.
    Be Not Afraid.

Someone call the Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaambulance!

So, you are saying that celebrating a harvest, rather than Halloween, offends your sensibilities? I wasn't aware that you'd converted to Wicca (at least, I hope that it's Wicca; if you've become a Druid, the ceremonial sacrifices tend to run afoul of the law).
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Halloween turned into Fall Festival a long time ago in communities with a heavy Evangelical influence.

I know of one Episcopal Church will be talking about the origins of Halloween next week though, for the kids.

Nothing I've noticed at all. Just saw one story on Drudge about a school that removed all mention of halloween, but that was it.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.