Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainMan View Post
    Man, what are you smoking? Lutherans are just like Catholics without the whole guilt thing.....and we have better pot lucks than any other religion either.

The Jews have cornered the market on guilt, with Catholics a close second. it's guilt that makes us not do the wrong thing. It has always worked fo me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    The Jews have cornered the market on guilt, with Catholics a close second. it's guilt that makes us not do the wrong thing. It has always worked fo me.
    I thought the Jews had the market cornered on "WHY ME!?!?!?!".

I will say that the other day I drove by a local episcopalian church that was advertising their harvest festival, on Oct 31st, from 6-8pm.

I don't know anything about whether or not it's a halloween deflection or an actual celebration of the harvest (which blew this year), but the fact that it occured right when the prime trick or treating hours were did catch my eye.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Harvest festivals are normally before Thanksgiving. Setveral churches in my neighborhood have them. They have pumpkins, scarecrows, corn mazes...etc. Some start right before Halloween. In fact I went to one last weekend with my daughter. I was not offended.