Thread: FALLING ON PRINCIPLE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23
  1. #1 FALLING ON PRINCIPLE 
    Senior Member Bailey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,023
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly
     

  2. #2  
    Ancient Fire Breather Retread's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    I came to Texas as soon as I could
    Posts
    3,857
    Thanks for that Bailey. It needs to ne played in every living room tonight.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
     

  3. #3  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,838
    "If what you love are the principles of limited government, personal freedom coupled with personal responsibility and a life where you can simply be left alone, then this election is not value neutral. Both Romney and Obama may in fact be both tax and spend liberals in your eyes, but only one of these two men, that will become president, has placed a marker by selecting a running mate with a realistic plan with entitlement reform that can return us to fiscal sanity..."


    This is a quote from the video... I want everyone to read that. And then re-read it.

    Yes, I love the principles of limited government, personal freedom, and a life where I can simply be left alone. Okay, I'm with him so far. So the argument is that I should vote for Romney because he has a running mate, and this running mate has a plan for entitlement reform, which could bring us back 1 of the 3 principles I love. Keep in mind the Vice Presidency has pretty much only one or two official duties, and neither of them are "implementing plans."

    So I should vote for Romney because Ryan, his running mate, gets a 33% grade. Presumably Romney himself gets a 0% grade, because otherwise the dude in the video would have lead with this. Can anyone really tell me that's a compelling argument?
     

  4. #4  
    Senior Member Bailey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,023
    Quote Originally Posted by m00 View Post
    "If what you love are the principles of limited government, personal freedom coupled with personal responsibility and a life where you can simply be left alone, then this election is not value neutral. Both Romney and Obama may in fact be both tax and spend liberals in your eyes, but only one of these two men, that will become president, has placed a marker by selecting a running mate with a realistic plan with entitlement reform that can return us to fiscal sanity..."


    This is a quote from the video... I want everyone to read that. And then re-read it.

    Yes, I love the principles of limited government, personal freedom, and a life where I can simply be left alone. Okay, I'm with him so far. So the argument is that I should vote for Romney because he has a running mate, and this running mate has a plan for entitlement reform, which could bring us back 1 of the 3 principles I love. Keep in mind the Vice Presidency has pretty much only one or two official duties, and neither of them are "implementing plans."

    So I should vote for Romney because Ryan, running mate, gets a 33% grade. Can anyone really tell me that's a compelling argument?
    Like the man said either one of those men will be prez, which one is more against your principles? I don't think Ryan is the type just to sit in the corner and do nothing, I am sure his ideas will be acted on.
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly
     

  5. #5  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,838
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    Like the man said either one of those men will be prez, which one is more against your principles? I don't think Ryan is the type just to sit in the corner and do nothing, I am sure his ideas will be acted on.
    Out of curiosity, did you read what I wrote? I mean, really. Think about what I said. I'm not a registered Republican by the way, I'm a free moral agent. I completely agree with many of the "planks" of the Republican platform, but I have rarely seen those planks adhered to, either in Congress or the White House. His crappy personal life aside, I think in my lifetime Gingrich was the only Republican leader who actually stuck to the entire platform.

    So it's the job of the Romney campaign to convince me, a free moral agent, to vote for their candidate. Not to vote against "the other guy." I watched all the primary debates, and the debates with Obama, as well as the VP debates. I'm a bit of a political junkie here, and I closely followed the primaries in general. I'm simply not impressed by Romney. I don't think that's my fault. I think that's Romney's fault, and the fault of the RNC or whomever is giving him crappy advice. It's not like my desires in a candidate are unreasonable here.

    I read on this board "even a ham sandwich would be better than Obama." If you want to vote for a ham sandwich, that's your businesses. All I ask is for a candidate who sounds serious on personal freedoms, fiscal responsibility, and isn't hell-bent on spending billions of dollars to spread our values to people who have no inclination or ability or adopt them. Oh, and isn't beholden to the captains of shady industries (banking industry, insurance industry, wall-street, for-profit prisons, etc).
     

  6. #6  
    Senior Member Bailey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,023
    Quote Originally Posted by m00 View Post
    Out of curiosity, did you read what I wrote? I mean, really. Think about what I said. I'm not a registered Republican by the way, I'm a free moral agent. I completely agree with many of the "planks" of the Republican platform, but I have rarely seen those planks adhered to, either in Congress or the White House. His crappy personal life aside, I think in my lifetime Gingrich was the only Republican leader who actually stuck to the entire platform.

    So it's the job of the Romney campaign to convince me, a free moral agent, to vote for their candidate. Not to vote against "the other guy." I watched all the primary debates, and the debates with Obama, as well as the VP debates. I'm a bit of a political junkie here, and I closely followed the primaries in general. I'm simply not impressed by Romney. I don't think that's my fault. I think that's Romney's fault, and the fault of the RNC or whomever is giving him crappy advice. It's not like my desires in a candidate are unreasonable here.

    I read on this board "even a ham sandwich would be better than Obama." If you want to vote for a ham sandwich, that's your businesses. All I ask is for a candidate who sounds serious on personal freedoms, fiscal responsibility, and isn't hell-bent on spending billions of dollars to spread our values to people who have no inclination or ability or adopt them. Oh, and isn't beholden to the captains of shady industries (banking industry, insurance industry, wall-street, for-profit prisons, etc).
    Fair enough but if obama wins and you had the power to kick him out I don't think you have a right to complain because of your inaction. We aren't talking about the lesser of two evils here, its ONE big evil vs a man who isn't 100% behind you. (btw Romney isn't the equivalent of a ham sandwich). Oh and its your fault not Romney's, it isn't his fault his name isn't Ron Paul.
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly
     

  7. #7  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    41,088
    Quote Originally Posted by m00 View Post
    Out of curiosity, did you read what I wrote? I mean, really. Think about what I said. I'm not a registered Republican by the way, I'm a free moral agent. I completely agree with many of the "planks" of the Republican platform, but I have rarely seen those planks adhered to, either in Congress or the White House. His crappy personal life aside, I think in my lifetime Gingrich was the only Republican leader who actually stuck to the entire platform.

    So it's the job of the Romney campaign to convince me, a free moral agent, to vote for their candidate. Not to vote against "the other guy." I watched all the primary debates, and the debates with Obama, as well as the VP debates. I'm a bit of a political junkie here, and I closely followed the primaries in general. I'm simply not impressed by Romney. I don't think that's my fault. I think that's Romney's fault, and the fault of the RNC or whomever is giving him crappy advice. It's not like my desires in a candidate are unreasonable here.

    I read on this board "even a ham sandwich would be better than Obama." If you want to vote for a ham sandwich, that's your businesses. All I ask is for a candidate who sounds serious on personal freedoms, fiscal responsibility, and isn't hell-bent on spending billions of dollars to spread our values to people who have no inclination or ability or adopt them. Oh, and isn't beholden to the captains of shady industries (banking industry, insurance industry, wall-street, for-profit prisons, etc).
    I'm glad you live in Montreal, it is a perfect place for you and out of concern for others like you I think you should encourage as many of them as possible to move there with you.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg
     

  8. #8  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,838
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    Oh and its your fault not Romney's, it isn't his fault his name isn't Ron Paul.
    Oh please this is such a straw man and you know it. Has Romney ever talked about personal freedom in a speech? I haven't seen it.
     

  9. #9  
    Senior Member Bailey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,023
    What I really mean is that people like Melon lube and Moo won't vote for Romney because he isn't Ron Paul, plain and simple really. You see if Ron paul had won the nomination (no really stop laughing) I'd back him up 100% because he mostly believes in what I believe in. Not just because he has a R next to his name.
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly
     

  10. #10  
    Senior Member Bailey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,023
    Quote Originally Posted by m00 View Post
    Oh please this is such a straw man and you know it. Has Romney ever talked about personal freedom in a speech? I haven't seen it.
    No because the number one thing to talk about is you know JOBS. I don't think Romney has backed any freedom taking lately.
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •