1. #1 This country is so majorly fucked up 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    cali, sell everything you own, send me a check, and move to Cuba!!!

Sun Oct 21, 2012, 08:40 AM
    cali

This country is so majorly fucked up

Last edited Sun Oct 21, 2012, 09:07 AM USA/ET - Edit history (1)
    sometimes I feel we really are beyond any kind of redemption The ugly truth is that this is a pretty brutal and ugly nation. We seem too far gone on capitalism run amok to change course, and though the democratic party is far, far preferable to the rethugs, it rarely challenges the hideous status quo.

Of course I support President Obama. I think he's a good man, but he's also ensnared in the dominant system and ethos.

Over the last forty years we've moved so far into the corporate maw that we're now in the belly of the beast being digested.

I see no way out of this. That doesn't mean we shouldn't vote. It doesn't mean we shouldn't fight all the way to the bitter end, but no matter how or when I ponder, I keep arriving at the same conclusions. My father told me 40 years ago that we were going down this track. I can't even count the number of times that he said the greatest threat to our society is the growing gap between rich and poor. He was a successful small business man with an absolute loathing for large corporations and the Harvard B School mentality. He said that they'd be the ruin of this country.

I argued with him then and said it wouldn't come to this.

I was wrong.

She must be getting depressed up in the woods today...
    May the FORCE be with you!

How can someone be so clueless? Yes I know Cali is a DUmmy and being clueless is a requierment to join DU but it's people like her and who they support is why the country is in the shape it is today. You'd have to be clueless to an extrodinary magnitude not to see this simple fact.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf