1. #1 RANT: I have lost tolerance for people who have no interest in current events or poli 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    OMG!!! A DUmmie has "lost tolerance"????

Sun Oct 21, 2012, 08:56 AM
    Honeycombe8

RANT: I have lost tolerance for people who have no interest in current events or politics.

Maybe I care too much. Maybe I see every presidential election as a critical must-win, or God only knows what could happen (but then, we saw what happened after the 2004 election!).

But I have family and friends who have no interest in politics or current events. They don't read or watch the news, never refer to anything in the news (local or national), didn't watch the debates or party conventions, etc. One relative even had the nerve to call me to chat during the Democratic National Convention right before Bill Clinton was about to speak. Now, I'm not a football fan, but I think I have the good sense not to call someone to chat during the Superbowl.

I was talking to another relative last week, when politics came up. I was chatting just about 2 mins about politics, when she changed the subject, "Okay, let's talk about movies, now." I got off the phone, because, no....we're not gonna talk about movies, now. I love movies. I love movie trivia. I go to the movies frequently. But life isn't JUST movies.

The way a conversation works is...we talk about this, then we talk about that, then we talk about this. A particular interest of yours, then a particular interest of mine, then a particular interest of yours. Current events, politics, and elections are directly related to our lives.

If I have to listen to your description of your bouts of bronchitis week after week, then dammit, you can talk politics for five minutes. If you don't vote for Obama, you could see the payment for those bouts of bronchitis cut drastically (Medicaid). Or are you trying to prevent me from knowing that you don't have a thought in your head that isn't about YOU?

No kidding, I have relatives that I have no idea what political persuasion they are, or how they vote, or IF they vote!

I have quit answering the phone to some during the remainder of this election season. I have lost all tolerance with people who haven't a thought inside their fluffy heads that isn't about anything related to the world around them. They are BORING and intolerable. (They probably think that I am boring and intolerable, when I talk about politics.)

Then I think...well, maybe I take all this too seriously. Maybe I've taken this too far. I dunno. I can be a little excessive about some things. Are you all the same way?
    And if this persons friends and relatives were voting for Romney, I'm sure he'd be very "tolerant"...
    May the FORCE be with you!

There is much irony in posting THIS on a site full of loonies like DU:

Then I think...well, maybe I take all this too seriously. Maybe I've taken this too far. I dunno. I can be a little excessive about some things. Are you all the same way?

Do I detect a wee bit of panic there? They're so afraid their guy is toast, they're just losing it.

RANT: I have lost tolerance for people who have no interest in current events or politics.
    In other words...I have lost tolerance for people who have no interest in current events or politics (that I think are important).

Next week we'll see a thread from this DUmmy about how all her friends are stoooopid because they no longer talk to her. Or they're stoooopid because the politics the friends are interested in are Romney politics. It's been done to death over there.

It's not her that's the problem, it's the many people in her life that are the problem.
    Be Not Afraid.

Given Bammy's dismal performance she should be glad there are lots of people who don't pay attention to politics. If they did the polls would be 75/25 in Romney's favor.

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    OMG!!! A DUmmie has "lost tolerance"????

And if this persons friends and relatives were voting for Romney, I'm sure he'd be very "tolerant"...
    As tolerant as someone who acts like a crazed asshole can be.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.