Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    Both flags signify the iconic looser. No different than the French flag to me.
    Just were in hell do critters like you spring from ,Cuba ?
    Let me guess Santa Maria De Los Angelos !

BSR
    Quote Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
    Umm, I do, you lying piece of shit. This is America, not Mexico. You want to fly the Mexican flag? Go to Mexico and do it.
    THIS.........

I think that there is a huge difference between the two issues. The Confederate flag, like it or loath it, is a symbol by and for Americans. What it means has changed among some groups but all those groups are still American.

The Mexican flag has nothing to do with Americans aside from some ceremonial duties when we are meeting with Mexican officials for some reason.

When people march behind the Mexican flag in American streets they are sending a very clear message and that message is not 'Happy Birthday".

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by jediab View Post
    Once I knew why the Southerners cherished the Confederate Flag, I understood and no longer thought that it was a big deal.

One thing that I have noticed about the Confederate Flag lovers is that they also love Old Glory, and treat her with the respect that Libtards know not how to.
    Both flags are part of Americas glorious History,why wouldn't they ?

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap1 View Post

When people march behind the Mexican flag in American streets they are sending a very clear message and that message is not 'Happy Birthday".
    No shit.
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Yes, I am familiar with all the historical significance of the Confederate battle flag but I am willing to bet that around here 90% of the people are using it as a racial statement. Many of the flag stickers have remarks on them - not very nice ones.

When the schools integrated here, a private school was formed and their mascot is the Rebel, their teams are the Rebels, their colours are red and blue and the Confederate flag is on everything.

Our public school has uniforms. We have no problem with flags, malcolm X insignia, Nazi signs. I love it.

Power CUer
    I'm certainly offended by the illegal invasion, but not because they wave flags. It's just because they're here illegally. Basically, both groups are using their flags to attract attention for their own purposes, and I don't particularly care for either of those purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
    Yes, I am familiar with all the historical significance of the Confederate battle flag but I am willing to bet that around here 90% of the people are using it as a racial statement. Many of the flag stickers have remarks on them - not very nice ones.

When the schools integrated here, a private school was formed and their mascot is the Rebel, their teams are the Rebels, their colours are red and blue and the Confederate flag is on everything.

Our public school has uniforms. We have no problem with flags, malcolm X insignia, Nazi signs. I love it.
    Our school mascot is the rebel, and we had a few boys get suspended for having Cnfederate Flags flying on their pickups, for homecoming.

on edit: What, exactly is on these "racist" bumper stickers. I live in the heart of Dixie and see tags, shirts, and Bumper Stickers. Haven't seen one yet that is racist, unless it's that whole flag thing.
    Last edited by Rebel Yell; 06-11-2008 at 12:27 PM.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

I asked my daughter what people meant around here when they used Confederate flag stickers, was it historical or racist. She laughed and said they are the racist kids, it is a warning to the black kids.

I have seen

If I had known, I'd have picked my own cotton

Wake Up White People

NAAWP

All with the stars and bars (those are ones I can think of off hand)

Some military installations do not allow the flag or flag stickers on cars.

Eyelids
    Quote Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
    Umm, I do, you lying piece of shit. This is America, not Mexico. You want to fly the Mexican flag? Go to Mexico and do it.
    Are you seriously threatened by people waving the Mexican flag?