Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Goldwater
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    Are you seriously threatened by people waving the Mexican flag?
    I doubt he is, however when they number in the thousands under signs saying "this is Mexico, go back to Europe", you should be relatively concerned.

I'm seriously threatened by people in America putting the country they came from 1st...and assholes like you.

Banned
    Would you be threatened by 100,000 Mexicans waving their flag marching in a black community? If you don't think there would be a race riot, you are full of shit. Blacks & browns are like oil and water mixed together. McCain will get a huge Mexican vote and easily kick Obama's ass. Deal with it, chump.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    There are some things that I really love about southern culture, and I divorce those things in my mind from the slavery of the past and the symbols of that time.
    As a side-note, please remember that slavery was not limited to the South.

I claim the South as my home, now, though I was born in Wisconsin.
    Yankee by birth, Southern Gentleman by choice!
    I love it down here, mostly for the reasons you cited.
    Most notably the hospitality!

The last time we went North, I made the important realization that we could never move back permanently. We would either be shot for getting in someone's way, or run over!
    People that we came across there, were just way too stressed, and in way too much of a hurry!!

As to the Confederate flag vs Mexican flag... only one belongs in this country, and in this country's history.
    And it is not the Mexican flag!
    As has been stated, the Confederate flag is part of our history, for good or ill.
    Do I have a Confederate flag? Yes.
    Do I think that it should be used as a rallying cry or active symbol of any state or our Nation? No.
    Do I think that people should be punished for displaying it? Hell, No!
    This is America! The symbols of this Nation are part of our heritage, and deserve to be recognized, not erased from history.

Rant over.
    Blessed Be.
    Social Order at the expense of Liberty is hardly a bargain - Marquis de Sade

How do you think the Mexican government and the Mexican people would view the legal American ex-pat community coming together by the thousands and running Old Glory up the flagpole of a Mexican post office?

I'm guessing they wouldn't be amused. When both legal and illegal Mexicans did the same exact thing here in a town in California, Americans were unamused.

Eyelids
    I really dont get all bent out of shape over something as pointless as a fucking flag.

Goldwater
    I really dont get all bent out of shape over something as pointless as a fucking flag.
    If it was only the flag and not what it means about a lot of the people coming across, I'm sure some would be with you... Actually even then it's still an outrage.

Eyelids
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldwater View Post
    If it was only the flag and not what it means about a lot of the people coming across, I'm sure some would be with you... Actually even then it's still an outrage.
    If all theyre going to do is feel a certain way and wave a flag and march in the street to display that feeling I really couldn't care less. Same goes for the Confederate flag, I'm not offended by something as inconsequential as the stars and bars.

Goldwater
    If all theyre going to do is feel a certain way and wave a flag and march in the street to display that feeling I really couldn't care less. Same goes for the Confederate flag, I'm not offended by something as inconsequential as the stars and bars.
    How pointless would it be if all they were going to do is wave a flag?

Eyelids
    What do you want to do? Strip them of their right to demostrate?