1. #1 Romney Wins CBS Focus Group in Ohio 
    Power CUer
    Steubenville, Ohio, the birthplace of Dean Martin, had a focus group last night:

I thought Dean Martin was from New Jersey? Anyway, I am glad to see Romney ahead there.

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by LukeEDay View Post
    I thought Dean Martin was from New Jersey? Anyway, I am glad to see Romney ahead there.
    Nope, Steubenville. I went through there many years ago. Back in Martin's childhood, there were steel mills and, I believe the place was a company town. By the time I saw the place years later, steel was dying all over. (Allentown, PA was already dead.) I remember seeing the small, self-respecting working class houses in the town and it was Christmas, so they had lights on them. A lot of working class Irish and Italians (like Dean's family). It's significant that this depressed area sees more hope with Romney than with Obama.

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Nope, Steubenville. I went through there many years ago. Back in Martin's childhood, there were steel mills and, I believe the place was a company town. By the time I saw the place years later, steel was dying all over. (Allentown, PA was already dead.) I remember seeing the small, self-respecting working class houses in the town and it was Christmas, so they had lights on them. A lot of working class Irish and Italians (like Dean's family). It's significant that this depressed area sees more hope with Romney than with Obama.
    That is really cool, I never knew that. It is like Jimmy Stewart being from Indiana Pa (less than 45 minutes away from me). You talk about a small town. They have a college there, it is known as the christmas tree capital of the world, and it's a wonderful life's main street is based on main street there (and everything is named after Jimmy Stewart), but above everything else, it is a cesspool.

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....