Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Power CUer
    There was a great deal of damage in the shore communities in Jersey. For anyone interested, this website has a series of damage videos of Ocean City, NJ. There are 8 of them.

http://oceancity.patch.com/articles/...video-11977558

There has been a great deal of damage to houses and lots of reconstruction will be necessary. There has been damage to roads and bridges which will take some time to fix.

Inland areas did better, of course. DC & Philly were lucky.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    As I expected, she said all the people she knows didn't take the storm warnings seriously or didn't even know one was coming.

She said they have to drive hours just to find a gas station that's open. She said it's eerie at night with zippo lights or noise.

Bunch of babies...
    May the FORCE be with you!

Power CUer
    A friend from Seaside Heights just checked in. I've been waiting for this person to contact me. Her family owns a number of homes in the city and some of her family live there year round. Seaside Heights is where the entire amusement park fell off the boardwalk and into the ocean during Sandy. (The pix show up earlier on this thread.) Her email to me:

Hi,
    Thought you might want to know about the houses that my family owns in Seaside. All of the houses have some sort of damage. Some of the houses are totaled. I was lucky. Mine only had a foot and a half of water on the 1st floor. My car is totaled.

Marshall Law is now in place and no one can get into Seaside for at least the next 2 weeks maybe longer.
    FEMA will be coming in to help out.

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    A friend from Seaside Heights just checked in. I've been waiting for this person to contact me. Her family owns a number of homes in the city and some of her family live there year round. Seaside Heights is where the entire amusement park fell off the boardwalk and into the ocean during Sandy. (The pix show up earlier on this thread.) Her email to me:

That is bad and I'd immediately be concerned about mold. In a way they may be lucky it's cool/cold as that will help but still, that salt water is going to be a bitch to deal with.

I really feel for those people as I know exactly where they are and the damage is way worse than I expected.

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    That is bad and I'd immediately be concerned about mold. In a way they may be lucky it's cool/cold as that will help but still, that salt water is going to be a bitch to deal with.

I really feel for those people as I know exactly where they are and the damage is way worse than I expected.
    I do hope we don't have to admit Nadin was right.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Or New York...

Latest report I heard on New York is the 11th or so when they expect to get the majority of the power turned back on.
    They're starting to get a little antsy up there too. Hold on to your hats. ;)
    Be Not Afraid.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post

The mold problem is going to be overwhelming in all of these shore communities. The totaled homes are not cheap--Lord knows what they're going to take to rebuild. The sand-covered homes will also have issues with various pests, bacteria, etc. that live in the sand.

I think before people start saying that Sandy "wasn't that bad", they need to start looking at the real damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    T

I think before people start saying that Sandy "wasn't that bad", they need to start looking at the real damage.
    Beware of cats!
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I do hope we don't have to admit Nadin was right.

About the damage adding up to a Trillion??? Naw, I head an estimate today and it was no where near that. Even times 10.

Yeah, high balling estimates I heard were at 50 billion. If Katrina couldn't do it, then Sandee sure as hell wasn't going to.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.