Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Stay safe everyone. The storm, at least currently, is moving pretty damn fast.

WNW at 27mph
    May the FORCE be with you!

New Yorkers, hold onto your nuts, this is no ordinary blow job!

(I have to say this at least once during a hurricane)

I saw Pt. Pleasant on Fox and it's all flooded. I used to go there all the time in the summer.

The shore got battered but so far we've gotten lucky. A lot of rain and now the wind is picking up(lights flickering, hope the electricity holds out) but that's all. Hope everyone else makes it OK.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

So how did everyone do??? It's still a massive storm and it has slowed down its foward speed to 14 mph.

The cloud cover reaches half way down Georgia still!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    So how did everyone do??? It's still a massive storm and it has slowed down its foward speed to 14 mph.

The cloud cover reaches half way down Georgia still!
    My area was spares major devastation but the Jersey shore is in shambles. From Atlantic City up to Breezy Point it looks like a war zone. Houses in the middle of Rt. 35 and rides in the middle of the ocean and whole sections of boardwalk are gone. I personally thank God for sparing my area but my heart goes out to those who weren't so lucky. Christie said there are 2.4 million households without electricity in NJ alone. Also, I saw that West Virginia and Ohio got pounded by a snowstorm. This is just crazy. I feel bad about comments I made last night about the storm being a joke but seeing what has happened, it was anything but a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    My area was spares major devastation but the Jersey shore is in shambles. From Atlantic City up to Breezy Point it looks like a war zone. Houses in the middle of Rt. 35 and rides in the middle of the ocean and whole sections of boardwalk are gone. I personally thank God for sparing my area but my heart goes out to those who weren't so lucky. Christie said there are 2.4 million households without electricity in NJ alone. Also, I saw that West Virginia and Ohio got pounded by a snowstorm. This is just crazy. I feel bad about comments I made last night about the storm being a joke but seeing what has happened, it was anything but a joke.
    Thank you for your reports from Jersey. I am still trying to get in touch with friends there. One thing that helps is watching your local coverage:

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/...176307821.html

Apparently a place called Avalon has a bridge that is sufficiently damaged to be shut down. There's also a "Black Horse Pike" that buckled under the water somewhere near Atlantic City. The news reports said that Cape May wasn't as bad as some places. (Two of my friends are in Cape May--I am still waiting to hear from them.)

This is WAY worse than any storm that hit when I lived up in Jersey. We had some
    bad NorEasters but nothing like this. I still haven't heard from my sis.

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Thank you for your reports from Jersey. I am still trying to get in touch with friends there. One thing that helps is watching your local coverage:

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/...176307821.html

Apparently a place called Avalon has a bridge that is sufficiently damaged to be shut down. There's also a "Black Horse Pike" that buckled under the water somewhere near Atlantic City. The news reports said that Cape May wasn't as bad as some places. (Two of my friends are in Cape May--I am still waiting to hear from them.)
    Black Horse Pike runs from AC to the Walt Whitman bridge and is Rt. 322(there is a White Horse Pike also that leads you to Brigantine and the north part of AC. It also has low lying areas that go over water). I'm guessing the part that buckled is right before you enter AC it's a small causway. If this is the case, this eliminates one major route into AC and it's the most used route. As for Avalon, it's a very rich shore town south of Sea Isle City. There is a low lying bridge into the town but there is also a bridge that is pretty high and that is the one leading to Sea Isle. I believe there is another from the main land and another small one into Stone Harbor

NYC is paralyzed. Almost everyone I know lost power. Sometimes weathermen hype...but this storm really was what they said it was going to be. A House in Queens caught fire and destroyed 80 homes in it's vicinity.