Thread: US knew for 7 hours about the Libya attack

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    But they could have blamed it on the video anyway and saved the ambassador.
    I think they completely miscalculated the fact that everyone would remain silent...get tossed under the Obama bus and not say a word.

What's the ambassador going to do? Contradict them when he owes his life to them?
    I think he would have been honest. Remember there were intel reports showing as much as 6 months ago an attack was coming. Stevens himself asked more than once to have security beefed up.

No, I still think there is more to this.
    Maybe. But remember you're dealing with a mindset that believes if we don't have U.S. military guarding the embassy...if we don't let the security put bullets in their guns...it will show these goons that we come in peace and they won't attack us.

I think it's nothing more than incompetence.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

(CBS News) It was six weeks ago on Tuesday that terrorists attacked the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Libya.

Now, CBS News has obtained email alerts that were put out by the State Department as the attack unfolded. Four Americans were killed in the attack, including Ambassador Christopher Stevens.

These emails contain the earliest description so far of what happened at Benghazi the night of the attack.

http://www.cbsnews.com/htdocs/pdf/Be...in;contentBody

At 4:05 p.m. Eastern time, on September 11, an alert from the State Department Operations Center was issued to a number government and intelligence agencies. Included were the White House Situation Room, the office of the Director of National Intelligence, and the FBI.

"US Diplomatic Mission in Benghazi Under Attack" -- "approximately 20 armed people fired shots; explosions have been heard as well. Ambassador Stevens, who is currently in Benghazi, and four COM (Chief of Mission/embassy) personnel are in the compound safe haven."

At 4:54 p.m., less than an hour later, another alert: "the firing... in Benghazi...has stopped...A response team is on site attempting to locate COM (embassy) personnel."

Then, at 6:07 p.m., State sent out another alert saying the embassy in Tripoli reported the Islamic military group "Ansar al-Sharia Claims Responsibilty for Benghazi Attack"... "on Facebook and Twitter and has called for an attack on Embassy Tripoli."

The emails are just a few in what are likely a large number traded throughout the night. They are likely to become part of the ongoing political debate over whether the administration attempted to mislead in saying the assault was an outgrowth of a protest, rather than a planned attack by terrorists.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18563_16...rageMixRelated
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    "Acceptable loss". I believe that is the term that would be used by the folks at the State Department and WH in a situation like this.

To their way of thinking it's better (for them) politically to lose four Americans and blame it on some mythical video than have to admit that an al-Qaeda based group...that we helped in the Libyan civil war...sodomized murdered and drug the body of our ambassador through the streets.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Rush today was talking and saying it's possible that Obama just wasn't engaged. These phone calls and emails were coming in during his Letterman visit, Beyonce and the trip to Vegas. Possibly he had the do not disturb sign out and they were afraid to call him.

It all boils down to who has the right to push the button to authorize planes or special forces to be sent to rescue those folks. I personally think that it probably was their reluctance to say that the Annointed One was wrong and that getting Bin Laden didn't tamp down the terrorism. He seems to be the type person who never wants to admit a mistake. His people are probably afraid to cross him. Look at those eyes of his, particularly when he was glaring down Romney. He's a nasty individual. Nice my rear end.

That's pretty sick that 4 people are dead as a possible result of his ego and his desire for reelection. He should not be in that office. No matter which way they spin it, he's not fit for office. And this sure doesn't put Hillary in too good of a light, either. She should get over that "stand by your man" routine. It's inexcusable that she's still trying to put out excuses, but this time she's probably trying to save her own posterior.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    I wonder what's going to trigger SOS Clinton to bail on oBAMA????

I'd say the micro-second she determines it will affect her run for the White House she'll dump Lord O
    like a load of smelly horseshit...
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    I wonder what's going to trigger SOS Clinton to bail on oBAMA????

I'd say the micro-second she determines it will affect her run for the White House she'll dump Lord O
    like a load of smelly horseshit...
    That trigger has already been reached SR. IRRC right after the 2010 mid terms she said she wasn't gonna be around for a second term.

Problem is...this Libya mess has probably screwed her chances in 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    That trigger has already been reached SR. IRRC right after the 2010 mid terms she said she wasn't gonna be around for a second term.

Problem is...this Libya mess has probably screwed her chances in 2016.
    She's not interested in running for President any more. She knows that she has no chance in 2016 (she'll be, what? 72 then?).

She wants to see the words "Supreme Court Justice Hillary Clinton" in print.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

The bad guys are winning, even here. Folks have lost interest and not posting.

Did anyone see Judge Jeanine on O'Reilly? She called O a liar, outright, and repeated it. She's incensed about how the MSM is repressing the info.

I was furious at O'Reilly, supposedly being the devil's advocate. Megyn Kelly was also on, also angry about the O administration.

O'Reilly is only interested in O'Reilly, all pumped up that O or one of his minions listened to the No Spin show and are adopting some of Bill's suggestions. His ego knows no bounds.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    The bad guys are winning, even here. Folks have lost interest and not posting.
    Here at CU?

Did anyone see Judge Jeanine on O'Reilly? She called O a liar, outright, and repeated it. She's incensed about how the MSM is repressing the info.

I was furious at O'Reilly, supposedly being the devil's advocate. Megyn Kelly was also on, also angry about the O administration.

O'Reilly is only interested in O'Reilly, all pumped up that O or one of his minions listened to the No Spin show and are adopting some of Bill's suggestions. His ego knows no bounds.
    Maybe it's all that time he spends hobnobbing with Jon Stewart.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    The problem here now people and I'm sure what oBAMA's folks are counting on, is the American public's short attention span.

Except for people who really care, this story is drifting away to the bottom of the heap, I hope I'm wrong.

And the MSM is doing all it can to protect our Fearless Leader and that in itself is disgusting.

If it weren't for Fox News, this story would have been dead over a week ago if it would have ever been reported at all...
    May the FORCE be with you!