Thread: HERE is why Democrats are more nervous than Republicans

Hybrid View

1. #1 HERE is why Democrats are more nervous than Republicans 
    link
    The stupid is strong with this thread.

scheming daemons (20,766 posts)

HERE is why Democrats are more nervous than Republicans

Because, deep down, most Republicans know that Obama is a capable president and the country would be OK even if Romney loses. A Romney win would be a pleasant surprise to them, but a Romney loss wouldn't crush them... they don't like him very much anyway.

But for us, a Romney win means the SCOTUS becomes more conservative. The safety net begins to go away. War in Iran is likely.

We KNOW that an Obama loss is devastating to the country and the world.

The rich will be OK no matter who wins. The poor and middle class will be destroyed if Obama doesn't win.

We have reason to be more nervous.
    Berlum (1,364 posts)

1. A Romney stolen election means THEOCRACY

(Picture of people being baptized in a river)

You smelly UNBELIEVERS obviously need a Soul Enema,
    and then to get baptized in THE ABSOLUTE (and copyright) TRUTH.
    Schema Thing (8,269 posts)

3. Also, across the board, we're Democrats because we are smarter...

...and smarter people are just naturally more inclined to doubt.
    CrispyQ (14,709 posts)

4. Goodbye reproductive rights

I hope young women AND men are paying attention! Do you want to control when you become a parent or do you think some religious whacko should take that decision away from you?
    TexasCPA (262 posts)

8. A 25% chance of a Bush third term is very scary

Romney is just as dumb as Bush but speaks in a different accent.

Democrats are more nervous than Republicans because they know so much that isn't so. Views on how the world should be aside, their views on how the world is seems simultaneously naive, fantastical and nightmarish. Romney isn't going to outlaw contraception, or even abortion. At most he might appoint 2 supreme court justices that would be presumed to be slightly inclined to repeal Roe v Wade. But really once you confirm a justice, all bets are off. He's not going to benefit the rich any more than Obama has already done (you want to talk about serving the wealthy, lets talk about wall-street bailouts and bank bailouts at great expense to the middle class). He's not going to force you to convert to any religion. He has less in common with Bush than Obama does. What is he going to do, advocate that it's within the powers of the Presidency to order drones to assassinate US citizens? Have a "kill-list"? Oh wait, that's Obama. Is Romney going to grow the deficit by trillions? Nope, still Obama.

Democrats like to tease Republicans about believing in Satan, when Democrats categorically label every person with a magic (R) by their name as the spawn of the devil. Even people who vote for the magic (R) are completely demonized, to the point of causing divorce and family estrangement.

So why is it that Democrats are more nervous than Republicans? Because they believe the party propaganda that if someone steps into office with a magic (R) it will be the end of the world, regardless of who that person is or their proposed policies or their record.

1. A Romney stolen election means THEOCRACY

(Picture of people being baptized in a river)

AAAAAAAHHh!!....Run Away!

They are nervous because, even though liberals are all brain dead retards, they are a little smart enough know that their messiah is going down with the ship. It staggers me that people can support a President who was such a failure. I bet they cried the day Carter lost also.

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....
    _ WELFARE IS NOT AN ENTITLEMENT! _

Quote Originally Posted by LukeEDay View Post
    They are nervous because, even though liberals are all brain dead retards, they are a little smart enough know that their messiah is going down with the ship. It staggers me that people can support a President who was such a failure. I bet they cried the day Carter lost also.
    What really kills me is that Obama failed on every single one of his (liberal) campaign promises. I mean, obviously the farther to the right you go the more of a failure any democrat president will be (depending on how left the president is).

But the Obama administration failed to deliver on any of the liberal campaign promises. Even Obamacare, which is basically a handout to insurance companies. Liberals want universal healthcare (Canada, Norway, Sweden, UK, etc)... but Obamacare is not universal healthcare. It's giving a select group of big businesses a preferred status.

Quote Originally Posted by m00 View Post
    What really kills me is that Obama failed on every single one of his (liberal) campaign promises. I mean, obviously the farther to the right you go the more of a failure any democrat president will be (depending on how left the president is).

But the Obama administration failed to deliver on any of the liberal campaign promises. Even Obamacare, which is basically a handout to insurance companies. Liberals want universal healthcare (Canada, Norway, Sweden, UK, etc)... but Obamacare is not universal healthcare. It's giving a select group of big businesses a preferred status.
    obama spent too much time playing golf, hobnobbing with hollywood, and fundraising to get anything done. He used this term as a celebrity vacation all paid for by us tax payers.

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....
    _ WELFARE IS NOT AN ENTITLEMENT! _

Quote Originally Posted by m00 View Post

I think you are giving them too much credit. I don't think the typical Democrat has the intelligence to grasp this.

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    A poll today had them dead even in Michigan as well, which has gotta be real troubling for Obama.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.