1. #1 Texas warns it could prosecute OSCE poll monitors 
    cali (75,227 posts)

Texas warns it could prosecute OSCE poll monitors

LOS ANGELES — The southern US state of Texas has warned it could prosecute election observers from the OSCE, a global body that regularly monitors voting around the world, if they try to visit polling stations next month.

In a letter to the election-monitoring head at the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE), Texas attorney general Greg Abbott said the group's views on the November 6 US elections were "legally irrelevant."

And he warned that OSCE observers, deployed for White House and other election races in two weeks' time, will not be allowed to come wthin 100 feet of a polling station in the famously no-nonsense state.

<snip>

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp...14fb8aa344.211

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10021628878

Good....I hope the AG does do that. But i think some dummies need to learn more before they open their mouths:

Sherman A1 (9,599 posts)
    5. And TX could end up in some hot water.

I believe we are dealing with some international treaties here and they would then have the full force of Federal Law.
    Lets just paint some happy clouds over at the sunshine and lollipop land

Dummies rush in to prove, once again...

Some of us are wise. Some of us are otherwise.
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    I wonder what the dipshit OSCE "monitors" would say to the New Black Panther scum???
    May the FORCE be with you!

Good on Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    I wonder what the dipshit OSCE "monitors" would say to the New Black Panther scum???
    "Hallo. I am leftist person from foreign country, here to be helping your black soul brother president win. Please to not be putting hurt on me."
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Text of the letter:

October 23, 2012

Ambassador Daan Everts
    Office for Democratic Institutions and Human Rights
    Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe
    UI. Miodowa 10
    00-251
    Warsaw, Poland

Dear Ambassador Everts:

The Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE) will reportedly dispatch election observers to the State of Texas to monitor the November 2012 general election. While it remains unclear exactly what your monitoring is intended to achieve, or precisely what tactics you will use to achieve the proposed monitoring, OSCE has stated publicly that it will visit polling stations on Election Day as part of its monitoring plan.

In April, you reportedly met with a group of organizations that have filed lawsuits challenging election integrity laws enacted by the Texas Legislature. One of those organizations, Project Vote, is closely affiliated with ACORN, which collapsed in disgrace after its role in a widespread voter-registration fraud scheme was uncovered. In September, a federal appeals court rejected Project Vote’s challenge to the State’s voter-registration regulations and allowed Texas to continue enforcing laws that were enacted to protect the integrity of the voter-registration process.

According to a letter that Project Vote and other organizations sent to you, OSCE has identified Voter ID laws as a barrier to the right to vote. That letter urged OSCE to monitor states that have taken steps to protect ballot integrity by enacting Voter ID laws. The OSCE may be entitled to its opinions about Voter ID laws, but your opinion is legally irrelevant in the United States, where the Supreme Court has already determined that Voter ID laws are constitutional.

If OSCE members want to learn more about our election processes so they can improve their own democratic systems, we welcome the opportunity to discuss the measures Texas has implemented to protect the integrity of elections. However, groups and individuals from outside the United States are not allowed to influence or interfere with the election process in Texas. This State has robust election laws that were carefully crafted to protect the integrity of our election system. All persons—including persons connected with OSCE—are required to comply with these laws.

Elections and election observation are regulated by state law. The Texas Election Code governs anyone who participates in Texas elections—including representatives of the OSCE. The OSCE’s representatives are not authorized by Texas law to enter a polling place. It may be a criminal offense for OSCE’s representatives to maintain a presence within 100 feet of a polling place’s entrance. Failure to comply with these requirements could subject the OSCE’s representatives to criminal prosecution for violating state law.

Sincerely,
    Greg Abbott
    Attorney General of Texas

Color and emphasis mine.........

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Just shoot them.
    May the FORCE be with you!

To be a poll watcher in Pennsylvania you need a Watchers Certificate signed by a judge. In order to obtain a Watchers Certificate you have to be a registered voter in the county that you plan on doing the watching. There's no way some Frog is going to come to PA and expect to gain access to the inside of a polling place with or without a Watchers Cert.

I'm sure Frenchy will be violating no laws if he wants to stand 20 or so feet away from the entrance to the polling place just like every other person in the world has to do on election day.

I don't see what the beef is with this.
    Be Not Afraid.