Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Here comes the landslide 
    I figured I post a little feel good story for the folks here at CU

Voters have figured out that President Obama has no message, no agenda and not even much of an explanation for what he has done over the past four years. His campaign is based entirely on persuading people that Mitt Romney is a uniquely bad man, entirely dedicated to the rich, ignorant of the problems of the average person. As long as he could run his negative ads, the campaign at least kept voters away from the Romney bandwagon. But once we all met Mitt Romney for three 90-minute debates, we got to know him — and to like him. He was not the monster Obama depicted, but a reasonable person for whom we could vote.

As we stripped away Obama’s yearlong campaign of vilification, all the president offered us was more servings of negative ads — ads we had already dismissed as not credible. He kept doing the same thing even as it stopped working.The result was that the presidential race reached a tipping point. Reasonable voters saw that the voice of hope and optimism and positivism was Romney while the president was only a nitpicking, quarrelsome, negative figure. The contrast does not work in Obama’s favor.

His erosion began shortly after the conventions when Indiana (10 votes) and North Carolina (15) moved to Romney (in addition to the 179 votes that states that McCain carried cast this year).
    The whole story is here

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

I heard the strangest thing today...that Romney is leading early voting by 51 to 46. No idea how true it is or who came to that conclusion.

If it's even remotely true Barry is in a world of shit.
    Be Not Afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    I heard the strangest thing today...that Romney is leading early voting by 51 to 46. No idea how true it is or who came to that conclusion.

If it's even remotely true Barry is in a world of shit.
    I believe Gallup posted the numbers, but yeah that's the word. Romney has a solid lead in early votes.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    I believe Gallup posted the numbers, but yeah that's the word. Romney has a solid lead in early votes.
    It was Gallup? Thanks. I guess it's legit. :)

Early voting was Barry's thing in 2008. If he is really getting creamed in early voting right now that is incredibly good news.
    Be Not Afraid.

Happy dance preview.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Romney will win the election with 272 EC's against obama's 266 ... You are not taking into account the 47% of retards who would vote for a pickle if it was running as a Dem.

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....

Quote Originally Posted by LukeEDay View Post
    Romney will win the election with 272 EC's against obama's 266 ... You are not taking into account the 47% of retards who would vote for a pickle if it was running as a Dem.
    That's one of the best descriptions of the voting habits of some of the dems. I think a pickle would be better than Obama----at least it would do no harm.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

GO CARDS

Quote Originally Posted by LukeEDay View Post
    Didn't a Dem win re-election several years ago - even though he had already died? Was it in CA?

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Quote Originally Posted by marv View Post
    Didn't a Dem win re-election several years ago - even though he had already died? Was it in CA?
    I remember when then Governor Carnahan of Missouri won election to the senate after he was dead. His wife, the "lovely" Mrs Carnahan, took his place. There were a lot of shenanigans but Ashcroft was a gentleman and didn't contest the election. He should have. I remember that the dems got the polls in the City of St Louis to stay open hours after the polls closed elsewhere in the state. They were bussing the people in. It was a blot on Missouri history.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

GO CARDS

Dick Morris is routinely wrong and one of the worst pundits ever. Why people think he has much credibility is beyond me. What he predicts is usually a good indicator the other side is not only winning but dominating.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor