Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    No, Rock, they're actual college age. :) They are the kids of friends of mine, and two are my god-daughters. I know that at least two of them are regular worshipers (one Catholic, one Jewish), and one is a hunter. So the stereotyping isn't really working, but if it makes you feel better, okay.
    Stereotyping isn't so bad. I've been called racist because I believe in controlling immigration and policing the border. Because I'm all for civil unions, yet believe that marriage should be between one man and one woman, I'm a bigot. And because I don't see the need for partial birth abortions, or believe in abortion as a secondary means of birth control, I guess I'm an extreme right wing religious fanatic.
    Last edited by Lager; 11-01-2012 at 04:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Probably true. Does the GOP want to attract younger voters? If they can really deliver on a better economic future, that will help - but younger voters are also pro choice, not anti gay, and very tolerant of different lifestyles. The Republicans can't ignore that forever.
    Hopefully gay issues and abortion rights aren't the main political concerns with this particular demographic, or we may be in trouble as a society sometime down the road. Abortion isn't going away, even if the decision is left up to the states. If there actually was enough support to make all abortions illegal, they could and would still be performed safely somewhere, and don't forget we still have that morning after pill around. And though gay issues are continually propped up to the forefront because of the inflated leverage their small lobby enjoys right now, aren't there about a million more important things we should be worried about these days?