Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    Of course they do, I bet you to a person they are voting for obama.
    Probably true. Does the GOP want to attract younger voters? If they can really deliver on a better economic future, that will help - but younger voters are also pro choice, not anti gay, and very tolerant of different lifestyles. The Republicans can't ignore that forever.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    ... and very tolerant of different lifestyles.
    Oh, okay. So liberals are tolerant of people who live a little differently & have different lifestyles. Good to know. Like those who spend their lives in the woods hunting/fishing (and might have a massive gun-room in their basement), or others who spend their time attending church or engaging in religious worship & outreach. Or maybe people who choose a lifestyle of military service to their country.

No, of course not. Liberals aren't tolerant of people who live different lifestyles. Liberals are tolerant only of a very specific lifestyle, which of course is the liberal lifestyle. It's the same thing as "believing" in Free Speech, (but only when it's speech you agree with).

In my focus group of the four college kids
    Are you sure you don't mean bi-focal group?
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Power CUer
    No, Rock, they're actual college age. :) They are the kids of friends of mine, and two are my god-daughters. I know that at least two of them are regular worshipers (one Catholic, one Jewish), and one is a hunter. So the stereotyping isn't really working, but if it makes you feel better, okay.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Liberal social issues involve promiscuity, homosexuality, drug use, welfare, gimmie free stuff, etc. Essentially, crap that adds nothing to society. Seems to me young voters need to grow up instead.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Liberal social issues involve promiscuity, homosexuality, drug use, welfare, gimmie free stuff, etc. Essentially, crap that adds nothing to society. Seems to me young voters need to grow up instead.
    Yep.

Problem is, "growing up" becomes a slower process with each generation. Then guys like Obama are elected President.

No, Rock, they're actual college age. :) They are the kids of friends of mine, and two are my god-daughters. I know that at least two of them are regular worshipers (one Catholic, one Jewish), and one is a hunter. So the stereotyping isn't really working, but if it makes you feel better, okay.
    <steps out of back-room>

I'm probably of the demographic that ad was meant to reach: Female, single,urban-ish, socially moderate, etc. And to a degree, you DO have a point. Does the GOP need give on social issues? Hell yes.

But this ad sucked at making that point.

It was patronizing. It made an assumption that all I cared about was 'wimmens issues'. Oh, please. I want more people employed so they'll buy the bullshit items I sell so I can get a bigger commission and do more shit I wanna do.

<steps back into back room>

~QC
    "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is hard business. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." Rudyard Kipling - (1865-1936)

Context doesn't matter to this liberal it seems/ as long as it satisfies his godless dreams/ like monkeys throwing sh!t as castles in air/ as long as he throws/that is the extent of his care.

Probably true. Does the GOP want to attract younger voters? If they can really deliver on a better economic future, that will help - but younger voters are also pro choice, not anti gay, and very tolerant of different lifestyles. The Republicans can't ignore that forever.
    It's not a case of ignoring it. First, conservatives aren't intolerant of different lifestyles, including gays. We just don't want our noses constantly rubbed in those lifestyles. You mistake tolerance for unabashed gleeful embrace of those lifestyles. Tolerance is just that, not forcing someone else to conform to your choices, but not interfering with their own. Gay marriage isn't about letting gays call themselves married, it's about gay activists demanding that the state redefine marriage to suit them. That's not tolerance, it's a demand for sanctionand endorsement. For true intolerance, ask a liberal what they think of religious people, or anyone born south of the Mason-Dixon Line, or the military (and don't pretend that liberals have changed their opinion of the military, we know what you guys think of us). I saw liberal tolerance last night, when our Romney yard sign repelled more trick or treaters than garlic. As for being pro-choice, I was at that age. Growing up taught me that life has meaning.

Frankly, younger voters aren't much of a problem for the GOP. We can turn the economy around(we've done it before), and the best thing that we can offer young voters is a job and a future. When you can offer them that, get back to me.

Quote Originally Posted by CueSi View Post
    <steps out of back-room>

I'm probably of the demographic that ad was meant to reach: Female, single,urban-ish, socially moderate, etc. And to a degree, you DO have a point. Does the GOP need give on social issues? Hell yes.

But this ad sucked at making that point.

It was patronizing. It made an assumption that all I cared about was 'wimmens issues'. Oh, please. I want more people employed so they'll buy the bullshit items I sell so I can get a bigger commission and do more shit I wanna do.

<steps back into back room>
    ~QC
    That was brilliant!

She perfectly captured the condescension and contempt in the Obama ad.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by EazyMack View Post
    Yep.

Problem is, "growing up" becomes a slower process with each generation. Then guys like Obama are elected President.
    The problem is, the younger generations listen to what Hollywood and other entertainers tell them. They don't look at the big picture. Voting for Obama was the "cool" thing to do. Vote for the cool guy. As cool as they think Obama is(which is funny considering that reading more and more about the guy he's quite the misanthropist), being cool doesn't make a good leader. Obama has proven that. The only time he's shown real leadership is when it suits him, not the country. Look at the contrasts between how he handled Benghazi and Sandy. Week before the election and Obama has a situation room for Sandy, however, no such situation room for the attacks on any of our embassies, even when lives were in danger. But as Ody said, while the left wants you to believe that gay rights, women having free contraception, and abortion are the top issues, anyone with a modicum of brain matter knows that the real issues are jobs and the economy and considering the unemployment rate among young people is staggering(over 20%) you'd think a job would trump going with the cool guy. Of course when said cool guy is promising the moon for free, it's hard not to vote for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post

That was brilliant!

She perfectly captured the condescension and contempt in the Obama ad.
    The young lady in that video has a great one on the Libertarian Party and Gary Johnson. Johnson flushed down a great opportunity to win a senate seat he could have easily won for a failed attempt to become president.