Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Ty Woods and anyone else that ran into that shit that day deserve the MOH.
    Agreed....and civilians have been given the MoH before. It's very rare (only 7 so far) but if they're employed by the US Government they can get it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Categor...Medal_of_Honor

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    I can't believe what the pukes in this administration tried to sell us.
    Sadly nothinhg this administration does surprises me anymore.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Funny, but when Cindy Sheehan went off the deep end, the media couldn't get enough of her (until Bush was out of the White House, at which point she became very inconvenient), but let someone demand justice for a son killed on Obama's watch (and apparently as a result of his neglect) and they are nowhere to be seen.

Rosie O'Donnell and Cindy Sheehan are choices on the Florida ballot.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    Rosie O'Donnell and Cindy Sheehan are choices on the Florida ballot.
    Good, it'll be easier for Romney to win the state.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Exactly. Anyone who thinks that the Joint Staff wasn't watching that in real time is clueless. CENTCOM had to be in the loop, and the White House couldn't have been out of it. They knew what was up in real time, and the buck stopped where it was supposed to stop, at the Commander in Chief.

If it can be awarded to civilians, then they have certainly earned it.
    It's been done a couple times back in the 1800's.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Yes, there is a civilian equivalent.

Is called "The Medal of Freedom."

No time to google back up info on this to post for you ... but am pretty sure that I am correct.
    American By Choice ~ 1980

I followed a link from hotair.com to this post on another board, make of it what you will ...
    http://hotair.com/headlines/archives...a-paper-trail/
    I heard a story today from someone inside the military that I trust entirely. The story was in reference to General Ham that Panetta referenced in the quote below.
    quote:

"(The) basic principle is that you don't deploy forces into harm's way without knowing what's going on; without having some real-time information about what's taking place," Panetta told Pentagon reporters. "And as a result of not having that kind of information, the commander who was on the ground in that area, Gen. Ham, Gen. Dempsey and I felt very strongly that we could not put forces at risk in that situation."
    The information I heard today was that General Ham as head of Africom received the same e-mails the White House received requesting help/support as the attack was taking place. General Ham immediately had a rapid response unit ready and communicated to the Pentagon that he had a unit ready.

General Ham then received the order to stand down. His response was to screw it, he was going to help anyhow. Within 30 seconds to a minute after making the move to respond, his second in command apprehended General Ham and told him that he was now relieved of his command.

The story continues that now General Rodiguez would take General Ham's place as the head of Africon. ...
    http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/p...own-Order.aspx

It's been more then a month and Gen. Ham is still in command of AFRICOM, so I'm going to call this a pipe dream.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    It's been more then a month and Gen. Ham is still in command of AFRICOM, so I'm going to call this a pipe dream.
    Would it look good for Obama to remove him this soon after the attack and this close to the election?
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Would it look good for Obama to remove him this soon after the attack and this close to the election?
    If a four star General was forcibly "relieved of command" I'd place damn good money that we'd have heard of it from reliable sources long ago. Especially considering how much Fox has been digging on this story.

I'd also wager he would have long ago been before Congress explaining what had happened.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    If a four star General was forcibly "relieved of command" I'd place damn good money that we'd have heard of it from reliable sources long ago. Especially considering how much Fox has been digging on this story.

I'd also wager he would have long ago been before Congress explaining what had happened.
    Probably so.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg